Rip fence

I have a Craftsman 10" table saw that I bought about 10 years ago. During my last move the rip fence and miter gauge have been misplaced. I looked at Sears the other night and a new miter gauge is $35.00!!??!! The rip fences look nothing like the kind I had.

Is there any place to buy these items for an older saw?

Sincerely,

Stuart Pedazzo...but you can call me Stu!

Reply to
Stuart Pedazzo

I have an old Craftsman (Emerson-built 113.xx). Has an older model Jet Xacta Fence (version 1). Try looking for a decent used fence with rails.

Reply to
codepath

Trust me, you're better off with almost any aftermarket fence than that old one. Count yourself lucky. About ten years ago I bought the Sears XR2424, which is basically the same fence being supplied with the Ridgid saw at Home Depot. If I had it to do over again, I'd probably look at a Bies or clone (like the HTC). You NEED a better fence. The problem is that you're going to wind up throwing > $200 at a $75 saw. If that's what your budget requires, the fence will be worth it.

Circumstances required that I pony up the $35 for the miter gauge last week for my old Craftsman. I was surprised; it's kind of nice. Go for it. Even if the old one shows up later, you can always scavenge the bar off of it to use on the tenoning jig you're going to buy eventually.

In case you've missed my whoring, I have an article on Craftsman saw upgrades on my website.

- - LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

LRod