rigid planer

Page 1 of 2
has anyone seen it yet? Sounds good or almost to good to be true.

Yeah, it has been around since about the last millennium.
Is there a new one?

I have the 1300, so you could say that I've seen it, I guess...
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

Check the Ridgid web site for the new three blade model.
Charlie Self wrote:

Looks like they did some of the same kind of planning with it that they did with the oscillating belt sander--storage for everything including spare blades. If it works as well and the price is right then it should be a winner.
--John

change blades and adjust the planer, so I'd guess that the new one does too..
I realized after I set up and adjusted the in/out feed tables that I didn't need to dig out any tools, I just didn't notice the "tools" label and little door.. DUH..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
I'm talking about the R4330. claims are that it planes down to 1/8". I'm looking for one in that price range. Thought maybe someone had seen one or seen it in operation. No one here in the sandhills of N.C. carries them as of yet.

This is the first I have heard of this machine. It looks like a good deal. I found this review on the web http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=70418 which was quite positive.
Chuck

Yeah being able to plane to that thickness is an advantage but you can do that on other planers as well if you simply put a thicker board under the thin one. But if this is not a replacement planer that feature would be a nice one.

Damn.. Murphy's law, Charlie.. I'm not even going to look..
I bought the "old" one a few months ago and still haven't used it..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

LOL,,, Put it on e-bay and make a profit!

up.. Too much hassle getting a new one smuggled into the country, too..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

Home Depot Canada sells the TP1300LS for CA$499 while in the US it cost US$369. Given that the CA$ and the US$ have been trading around parity for a number of months now, this is just a huge rip off. It makes way more sense for me to drive across the border, get a gas fill up (way cheaper as well), do a little family shopping, have a nice day out, buy this planer at a significant saving and then drive home.

Ridged.
--
FF

Of course like all spelling flames, that one included the obligatory mispelting.
Ridgid Tools is a play on words. The company was first located on Ridge Rd in North Ridgeville and has since moved West.
Regrettably, they have discontinued their famous tool calendars.
--
FF

On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 08:16:12 -0800 (PST), Fred the Red Shirt

Sort of wrenching idea, that, er?
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
mac davis wrote:

If you check their Web site you will find that the deal with Home Depot is almost exclusively for power tools and that their plumbing and other tools are still sold through all the normal channels. Also there are a few distributers other than Home Depot that sell the Ridgid power tools. And some of their shop vacs are also sold by Sears as Craftsman. The deal doesn't seem to be that Home Depot can buy anything and put the Ridgid name on it, it seems to be that Ridgid makes the tools and Home Depot is the major reseller for the consumer line.
Regardless, some of the tools are damned nice and very good value.
--John

Shop vacs, I think, are still Emerson. They were last year. The rest is TTI which owns Ryobi, Ridgid and Homelite, now.
"Fred the Red Shirt" wrote:

When did they leave Elyria?
The loss of the calendar marks the loss of a piece of Americana
Lew

They didn't. They moved west to Elyria from North Ridgeville.
--
FF