Ridgid 6" random orbital sander at Home Depot for $100

Looks like they're getting rid of the old ones (latest model is the R2611 but I have no idea what the difference is).

It's $111.20 on the web site until 12/21 (regular $139, but at the B&M, it's $129) Use code 78J for an extra 10% off to get it for $100.08. Shipping is around $10, but if you're lucky, you can print the page out and get a B&M store to price match like I did :-)

This is a rebadged Metabo model that has gotten good reviews. It can orbit w/ a 1/4" diameter to take stuff off or 1/8" for finer work.

Merry X-mas :-)

Reply to
Ken Yee

Thanks, I bought 2 of them. I did a search and found out the 10 is made in Germany by Metabo and the 11 is made in China.

What is B&M? How did you find that code?!

Reply to
Toller

FYI...The 2600 is a 5" ROS. The 2611 is the 6".

Mike

Reply to
upand_at_them

Its not worth much. This is the 2610.

Reply to
Toller

"Toller" wrote in news:DVoih.8148$ snipped-for-privacy@news02.roc.ny:

Cool. I emailed Ridgid about the difference and they didn't reply. I'd much prefer the Germany made Metabo I picked up than a "cost reduced" version ;-) Let me know if you have any tips on using them. This is my 2nd ROS after trashing a Porter Cable 333VS on a paint stripping project (clutch died) which luckily Home Depot let me return for credit :-)

B&M is standard NetSpeak for "Brick and Mortar". I guess I should have said Orange Borg store (aka, WreckSpeak :-). Some states have no sales tax, so this is less expensive than paying for shipping. Found the code searching through slickdeals.net.

ken

Reply to
Ken Yee

Yeah, my mistake...It's the 2610 that's on sale. 6" ROS.

Mike

Reply to
upand_at_them

I've been on the 'net since text days, and I didn't know that.

Reply to
B A R R Y

You may or may not be correct. Just because it was made in a Metabo plant, it can still have a crappy design by Ridgid. Or the China version can be the new beefed up model. Unless you take them both apart for inspection or compare the specifications, there is no way to tell.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in news:J6Iih.11257$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr11.news.prodigy.net:

Good point, however, the R2610 model looks exactly like the Metabo SXE450 pictured here so it does seem like a rebadged model:

did send me PDFs of both manuals, so here the diffs I can see: R2611 looks mainly like ergonomic improvements except for the new soft start feature:

- rounder base

- orbit selector is moved to the top of the unit

- the 2" and 1-1/4" vac adapter is built-in (yank dust bag off, plug in vac)

- looks like the vac channel may be bigger; the old adapter had the small end on the sander but the new sander has a big end w/ a concentric connector for the 1-1/4" connector

- dust bag is now a cylinder like the R2600's instead of the older vacuum cleaner-like flat rectangular bag

- dust bag locks on by rotating it while the old bag uses tabs like vacuum cleaner bags

- there's a velcro wrap for the cord

- the power plug is now lit when it's plugged in

- speed dial has been moved to the middle front

- lock-on button looks a little recessed

- soft start

- front handle now needs a hex key to remove instead of twisting off

ken

Reply to
Ken Yee