Polishing with a random orbital sander

I have a load of planed boards which I am going to wax. To speed things up and to save on elbow grease I want to industrialise the process.

I have a125mm random orbital sander and I've found polishing pads on Amazon , 3 for ?8.99

Has anyone here used such a method and can I expect to get a reasonable amount done before the pads clog up?

mark

Reply to
mark

Should be ok if you use the pads just for buffing after application of wax by other means. Applying with the ROS could well wreck it as a sander and need unclogging and a new velcro base.

Reply to
Bob Minchin

I've done that a lot and it works a treat. I used cotton bonnet type things which can be washed out. Got a link to these pads?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I used to use the reverse side of fabric backed sanding sheets, but that was on a hard wax. Too much low melting point stuff will clog

Reply to
stuart noble

Here's the link. ?8.99 for 3.

mark