What Random Orbital Sander

Folks, Thinking of buying my brother one of the above for his birthday. I understand they're a decent improvement on flat orbital sanders, the advantage being that they'll take material off a lot quicker ( I've never used one ). Since he already owns a flat bed orbital sander, can I ask (1) Is the random orbital worth getting or are they just a minor incremental improvement, worth getting but only when the present flatbed orbital expires, and (2), I'm not made of money, I was looking at the Bosch PEX 220 KIT for £39.99. Is this a decent make, or has anyone any other suggestions?

cheers,

Andy.

Reply to
andrewpreece

Thanks guys, that makes my mind up, I'll get him one,

cheers,

Andy.

Reply to
andrewpreece

Huge, massive, order-of-magnitude improvement.

If you do *any* sanding, buy one now.

I have the PEX 400, which was ~£50. It's very good value. I wouldn't really want much less power (the 220 is about half the power). Go for the 400. Great tool.

Reply to
Grunff

Seconded on the 400, hoping Santa is bringing me a new on as the old one overheated and died. :-( (over use by me not it's fault.) ;-)

Mark S.

Reply to
Mark S.