Ridged

Page 2 of 2

The sliding miter was the deciding feature for my buying the BT3000 in May 1992. Our son bought the motor upgrade as a gift. I let the gear for height adjusting get dirty and stripped it and now TRY to remember to clean it from time to time. Changing the two belts is no fun at all! I got the PS Panel Cutting jig for ply panels, slick.
On Sat, 19 Nov 2005 21:08:45 -0600, "Deborah Kelly"

lol....Well if we get any upgrades we have to buy them ourselves our son only has the pennies we let him carry around in his pocket so he isn't going to be buying anything for years ;) But i'm going to try to keep inmind to clean the gears every so often no matter which one I buy...lol
Deborah

I just had to change the shims on mine. I feel your Pain! Three pair of hands would have been nice to have.
I also liked the warranty and bought a TC about a year ago and am real happy with it...................also bought the planer, miter saw and hammer drill
Dave

I will feel silly when you tell me, but what is a TC? Tenon cutter? Thermal Coupling? Tesla Coil? Torque Converter?
NO, I am the silly one.........TC should have been TS (table saw)............can't even blame it on the spell checker!!!!!!
Dave

U was wondering the same thing....but getting a Tesla coil might be cool too......lol Deborah

Thats good to know....I'm also looking at their drill press....lol
Deborah

Deborah Kelly wrote:

I've also been looking at the Ridgid TS3650 Table Saw. I have many reviews, all seem to say it is a good saw for the price. It also weighs about 300 lbs, and take 8 hrs or something to put together. But it comes with a mobile base that seems to be handy, esp. for me because my shop is small and all tools need to be put it a specific location to cut long stock. (in line with the hallway going into the back of the basement.)
I am seriously thinking of buying this saw.
I have the Ridged 13 inch planer that I haven't had problems with, I have the their 12 sliding miter box, which I think was a much better buy than the Dewalt 12 inch slider. I also have their palm sander and 6 inch orbital sander. Haven't had a problem with any of them.
For some serious reviews try:
http://benchmark.20m.com/reviews/RidgidTS3650/RidgidTS3650Review.html
http://products.consumerguide.com/reviews/product.epub?productId '136
-Astria
Well I'm probably going to get the ridged...but first I'm going to make everyone in the news group cring and look at the one for sale in sams club....lmao
All I'm waiting for now is for the holadays to get over so I have money to buy the darn saw....lol (two little kids I love buying stuff for eats up money this time of year,also thanksgiving a 3 year olds b-day then christmas....lol)
I'm looking at first putting my workshop in the garage and moving it to the barn after I rewire it. The barn has three lights fifteen feet over head and three power outlets in the worst possible places....lol
thanks for your imput...
:) Deborah