Ridged carpet fix?

I was let down by carpet fitters three times, with the carpet ready to fit stored in the garage ready for the hall/stairs/landing. Those who bothered to quote, made it not worth my while DIY'ing. Over the weekend I gave up and installed it myself, except the carpet as laid, now has ridges across it from being badly stored.

Has anyone got any suggestions to help remove the ridges and to get it to lay flat please?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Does this help:

ss

A little. She mentioned steam cleaning as a last resort, I wonder if a wall paper steamer might work as well?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

time may fix it

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Time could fix it but it will probably be a loose fit then. Depending on how it is fitted I would leave for a few weeks and then start at the top of the stiars and work down to stretch it, then any excess could be trimmed off at the bottom, hall carpets I would use a kicker after a few weeks to stretch it out. Not a carpet fitter so maybe someone with some experience would have better ideas. be careful that a steamer doesnt damage he colour of the carpet.

Reply to
ss