LAN & phone punch down tool

I am about to sort out my network, with some proper wall sockets, rather than the RJ45 linked directly to R45. Am I correct in assuming the tool I use for punch down on my phone sockets is the same tool as used on LAN sockets please?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

yes

Reply to
Andy Burns

Ta!

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Best to use a quality tool like a Krone. Anything less might cause you problems.

Reply to
Bazza

Pretty much yes.

Standard Krone IDC

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Bazza used his keyboard to write :

I still have the tool issued to me when I worked for the GPO :-)

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Standard Krone tool as others have said.

Mind you, I remember having to carry three kinds of punchdown tools when I worked on office system. A normal one, a small horrible one that fitted a Panasonic GX series MDF, and I can't remember what the third one was.

Reply to
Graham.

110 block?
Reply to