REQ: New Yankee Workshop Deluxe Router Station Plans

Page 4 of 4

In spite of all the rationalizations offered and regardless if someone was willing to give you a copy of the plans, it's thievery, pure and simple. Norm charges for his plans and you are clearly aware of that fact. Like downloading music without the paying the royalty, just because it's available on the 'net doesn't mean that it's free. I guess that if your personal checking account or SSAN were given to me simply because it was available somewhere on the 'net, you'd be okay with me charging goods and services to you? I think not.
When you close your eyes at night, you can't but know that there is corruption in your heart.
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>TIA</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>SeeAll</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=
The OP probably isn't reading anymore, since he has gotten his plans. But my question is: why need a set of plans? If you've seen the item, and know its features, make it from scratch yourself. My router table is at least similar to Norm's, but I built it to fit a 24" x 36" piece of 1.5" butcher block I happened to have and which I used as a top. It has given me years of good service, and "I did it myself (thanks, DIY). You don't always need a prepared set of plans if you have an idea, a ruler, a pencil and some paper. My Dad was a custom cabinet maker; the only "plan" he ever worked from was a rough sketch and a good set of measurements.
Steve
TIA
SeeAll

Finally! A modicum of sense! :)
Design & build your own. Make mistakes. Fix the mistakes. Learn!
--
- Andy

know
I agree wholeheartedly. Isn't that why we all started woodworking, making something for yourself? It's not like we're operating a production line (at least not most of us) and mass producing things. Every project is unique in some way. The enjoyment comes from building to fit our current need and situation. I think that if someone is capable of properly building something from one of Norm's plans, they they're entirely capable of building from scratch. It's just a confidence thing.
I save occasional woodworking shows to DVD. Not for the exact plans, but for a general idea of how to build something and just for having the idea. If and when I get around to building any of those projects, I'll improve upon it so that it benefits me.
wrote in message

Both methods are right. Plans can be very educational for the person that is learning what joinery is good for certain situations. Plans serve as a guide and should be modified to suit the situation at hand
I did buy the plans for the reason the OP stated. Modified the height because I don't like to bend over and outfitted it with locking casters. After I got the carcase and the dust box finished I put a Jointech fence on it "just to see how I liked it," and I liked using the router station so much I never have gotten around to making the drawers." :-)

--
Vince Heuring To email, remove the Vince.