removing pencil marks

Page 2 of 2
On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 17:25:28 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

But only leave the nails in until the glue dries..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

Sand paper, planes, scrapers.

Pencil or marking knife.

remove ".invalid".

Your pencil marks, or did a crumb catcher scribble on something? (Usually a big difference)

I use a soft lead carpenters pencil, the rectangular ones..
The key, in MHO, is soft lead and only as much pressure as needed... you're marking, not scoring, right?
I usually kind of scribble a pattern of light lines on the surface before sanding, to help reference flatness as they get sanded off..
Pencil lead on the wood surface is easy to get rid of or "erase" with light pressure and fine grit paper, while grooves from heavy pressure on the pencil require courser grits and a lot of language that the grand kids aren't supposed to hear.. YMWV