cigarette burn marks on bathroom sink

Tenent in rental house left bathroom sinks with burn marks from cigarettes on bathroom sink. They wont wash off.... how can they be removed?

Reply to
Frank Thompson

Start with non-abrasive cleaners (you might try alcohol). If that doesn't work try Bar Keeper's Friend or Zud. A low-cut auto abrasive paste and auto buffer, but we have no idea about the composition of the sink in question.

Reply to
Phisherman

Had you considered that it might be helpful to mention what the sink is made of, hmmmm?

Reply to
J.H. Holliday

I'm big on Mr. Clean Magic Erasers. Couldn't hurt to try.

Cheri

Reply to
Cheri

You can't wash off a burn mark. It's a burn, not a stain.

I'm assuming these burn marks are in the laminate on the vanity counter top where the scumbag tenant laid his cigarette while taking a leak, not the actual sink itself.

It might buff out with some abrasive cleaner, or you may simply have to replace the laminate if the marks bug you that much.

Reply to
mkirsch1

Use scouring powder with bleach. I've removed them from tubs. Couldn't get rid of the last trace, but i was able to remove 99% of it.

I've seen formula 409 disolve tobacco tar in other applications; it might help.

Reply to
AZ Nomad

Funny how people ask for advice without providing the most obvious critical info. If it's a solid surface material, it can be sanded and then buffed out. Otherwise he's SOL if the burn penetrates the surface at all.

Reply to
Abe

That is so gross. I remember when I was a kid my father smoked in the bathroom while shaving and bathing. Nothing worse than the smell of smoke, tar, water and steam. It was almost as bad as the back seat of our 1956 Mercury. And they wondered why I got car sick.

Reply to
Blattus Slafaly