repair paint lapping marks

We attempted to use up the last of the paint in the roller tray by rolling some additional paint. Now, we have lapping marks on the wall (sort of like a halo around the additional rolled paint). Can we use a brush to paint over the halos so the wall looks uniform?

Reply to
dmkozak

You should be able to touch up a properly painted wall.

The fact that your touch up shows would seem to indicate that the wall does not have enough paint. This would be true whether the paint had a different color or a different sheen. You may be able to feather out the problem, but I suspect that the first coat just didn't cover well enough.

by

the wall

we use

Reply to
DanG

Not likely. Sounds like you rolled over an already somewhat dry area. Dark colors & anything with a bit of sheen especially require keeping a wet edge. Plan on painting the wall over.

Reply to
3rd eye