Recommendations For Glue Line Ripping on TS?

Page 2 of 2
On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 19:38:04 -0800, Dave Fleming <> wrote:

This is a hell of a lot more reasonable than the amount that I've seen expressed.

Amen Brother. I have a Delta GooneyFence, and, when I use the stock feeder, I clamp that bad boy down as tight as I can get it.

Guido???
<el sniperino>

Oh I dunno Gudeo Guedo Geudo some such name and I have had several fingers of Rum so don't pin me arse to the blackboard for mispelling the blasted name. <insert big silly grin here> < Ayup blame it on Demon Rum, throw a nickle on the drum save < another drunken shipwright! :-))))))) >
PAX
Tales of a Boatbuilder Apprentice http://pages.sbcglobal.net/djf3rd /
On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 19:56:35 -0800, Dave Fleming <> wrote:

Well, I'm hoping 'tis goodish Rum. In my Rum drinking days I drank a nice dark Myers Rum, with a bit of Rose's Lime Juice and a piece of some kind of garbage, that was usually identified as a citrus of some sort - but it really didn't matter.
These were usually consumed in the shade of the mains'l, when the sun was over the yardarm - and all that good shit.
Given the fact that my largest sailing vessel is a board boat of indeterminate and unremarkable length, in theses dark and married days, and that I've no current use for gimballed drink holders, much to my regret, the whole friggin' thing don't serve no more than to make me cast a wondering eye onto what might have been - had I stayed single, and thus rich.
Ah well.
OBWW - I was just looking for a cheap sawblade to use in the place of these gottdamned 'spensive ones.
On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 23:23:45 -0500, Tom Watson wrote:

Awww, Tawmmy, Tawmmy - Yee know as well as I that yee would'n have the k'board ta complain on if'n it had'n be'n for the fortuitous intersection of the Old Boiler and Yee resultin' in your handsome state of current prosperity.
BTDT,
-Doug
On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 19:56:35 -0800, Dave Fleming <> brought forth from the murky depths:

Iffen you want somethin' ta set yer sails on fire, get with the Lemonhart 151 Demerara rum. It saved me during an auto wreck (I was a loose passenger) one eve.
Public Service Message: Don't Grog and Drive machinery.
---------------------------------------------- CAUTION: Driver Legally B l o n d (e) http://www.diversify.com Web Database Development ======================================================
Larry Jaques responds:

Dunno about car wrecks and booze, but one dark night, in a little Puerto Rican town near Rosie Roads, I topped up with enough half a buck a glass 151 rum of some generic type to discover exactly what knee-walking-drunk was. The next day dawned bright and clear, but I didn't.
Charlie Self "To create man was a quaint and original idea, but to add the sheep was tautology." Mark Twain's Notebook http://hometown.aol.com/charliediy/myhomepage/business.html
"Charlie Self" wrote in message

Rican
of
next day

Damn ... I missed that same sunrise ... but it was in OK, with the Captain's wife, and we were drinking Beefeaters and Rose's lime juice.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 1/23/04

I wasn't too bad, considering. I had bought a quart of Lemonhart and 2 2-liter bottles of Pepsi that evening. About 2 hours later, the Pepsi was gone. A friend who hadn't been drinking came over and I had him take me down to get more soda. On the return, we encountered a low-flying VW bug. The girl was coming down the road at over 60mph (in a 25 zone, of course) with headlights so dim we didn't even see her until she was 20 feet out and we were halfway through the turn onto my street. She hit us head on and my head hit the roof, bowing it outward. My nose cracked the windshield, my chin broke the dashboard, and I was knocked unconscious for a minute. (It was lucky that I had my seat belt on, huh?)
The VW bounced hard from the impact, knocking the driver's seat off its track. She was pinned under the steering wheel on the gas pedal. It was still in gear because the bug kept on going, hitting the brick wall on the right side of the road and veering across the street, through a ditch, and in through the wall of the duplex into their kitchen before stopping. Her friend in the back seat had seen it coming and had grabbed her 2-year old daughter and shielded her. They were OK. She was paralyzed from the waist down.
When I came-to, my buddy got me out of the car and seated on the curb next to the wreck to wait for the ambulance. Just before they left without me, my buddy pointed me out to them. The neck brace went on and I spent a long night in the hospital. Strangely enough, my skull, nose and jaw weren't broken. My neck muscles were bruised and I had a mild whiplash, but I returned home the next day and took it easy at work for about a month.
The cops questioned me that night in the hospital, noted the wee teensy bit of booze on my breath, and went away to let me sleep it off. The insurance companies wrote off both cars as total wrecks that next week and I was left to go get more soda on my own. She was cited and her insurance company paid for my buddy's car.
Yeah, I'm kinda glad I quit drinking 18 years ago. Luckily, a couple weeks later, the girl regained the use of her legs. I'll bet she did NOT buy another VW and did learn how to drive a bit more slowly, but I never heard from her again. I saw her for about 30 seconds on the way into the hospital.
And that, sir, is why I remember Demerara rum so vividly.
(Whaddya mean, "What does this have to ripping glue lines?"?)
---------------------------------------------- CAUTION: Driver Legally B l o n d (e) http://www.diversify.com Web Database Development ======================================================
Larry Jaques writes:
snip of story

I quit 17 years ago, but the incident in PR was maybe 40 years ago (maybe my butt, it was in December of '61).
Not nearly as scary as yours, though.
Charlie Self "All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure." Mark Twain http://hometown.aol.com/charliediy/myhomepage/business.html
On 30 Jan 2004 07:33:10 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme (Charlie Self) brought forth from the murky depths:

I made you think I quit then by the placement of my text. I didn't quit then but drank for 7 more years. The two incidents were entirely unrelated.
---------------------------------------------- CAUTION: Driver Legally B l o n d (e) http://www.diversify.com Web Database Development ======================================================

I believe that Forrest recommends .005" if the fence is tight and 1/64th if there is any slop. When I moved my WWII from the contractors saw to the new cabinet saw I went with a measured .005" and it works fine.
John
John
I note that, as in the jointer thread, some seem to reference the blade, some the end-to-end deflection of the fence.
Try 1/32 (limit of precision on my 16ths rule) difference from the front to rear of the fence. Note that degree of blade exposure will cause the difference to vary if you use the blade as a reference.
Oh yes, as my blade is set parallel to the miter groove, I use it as my reference.

if
new
Tom Watson wrote:

Makes sense. Do you find much difference with different blades and wood? Or thickness?
--
Ed
snipped-for-privacy@snet.net