Glue line Rip Blades

Anyone try any of the new "glue line" rip blades being offered by several saw blade manufacturers? Was wondering if they are all they are claimed to be (ie you can glue immediatly after ripping). All comments appreciated Thanks! Cary snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Reply to
CChar1151

CChar1151 asks:

What's new about them?

I've tried DeWalt, Amana, Freud, CMT and several others. You can glue right after ripping.

Charlie Self "They want the federal government controlling Social Security like it's some kind of federal program." George W. Bush, St. Charles, Missouri, November 2,

2000
Reply to
Charlie Self

Reply to
JGS

If they do well in the market Charlie, would you like to go into business with me selling some No 4 Stanley "glue planes" on eBay? ;-)

Groggy

Reply to
Groggy

A Forrest WWII will do that.

Reply to
Leon

I've got a Freud. Works great, even on my Crapsman saw!

Reply to
Ben

Groggy wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Don't start that now! You _know_ it takes at least a #6 Stanley glue plane... ;-)

Patriarch

Reply to
Patriarch

Even with the "glue" blades, I strongly recommend having the wood sit for 2-3 days prior to glue up.

Reply to
Mike Lewis

Why?

TWS

Reply to
TWS

umm ... I thought the whole thread was tongue in cheek ... why would you have to wait to glue up your project after cutting with a "regular" blade?

Reply to
Mike Lewis

Moisture stabilization, particularly if came from thick or very wide stock...

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

How does a saw blade solve this issue? Does it coat the wood so that it doesn't dry out?

Reply to
Mike Lewis

I use the Forrest and it is perfect!!! max

Reply to
max

The glue line blades come with a load of organic material. I'm certain that helps with keeping the wood from drying out.

-j

My 40T WWII rips more accurate edges than my Freud "Glue Line Rip". The Freud is a thin kerf, and I suspect it deflects. The full kerf version of the blade will probably do better, but I have no reason to buy one.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

Are those the linear crystal oxygen free blades?

Reply to
Robatoy

I suspect Monster Cable collaborated on the blade design to align the electrons...

Reply to
Mike Marlow

I glue after ripping now. No special blade needed, just a decent one.

Reply to
CW

I've use a Freud blade, and now mostly use a Ridge Carbide 40T combo blade. No one ever told me not to glue right after ripping, but it has always worked. I'm not sure what advantage these "special" blades would have.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I have not heard of "glue line" blades but I have been glueing after ripping with my Forrest blades for years.

Reply to
Joe Bleau