Really?

Obviously Angela's husband ... you reckon she's rolling her eyes about now? ;)

Reply to
Swingman

This technique was considered during the dust-up with the Branch Davidians and rejected as "not being much fun."

Reply to
HeyBub

Naaa, Angela just laughs it off. She needs a sense of humour around here...

Reply to
BlizzardKing .

"Lobby Dosser" wrote in news:hsatv2$c21$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org:

I swear as I was watching this video the lyrics to "Guns of Brixton" by the clash came to mind...

...When they kick down your front door, how you gonna come? with your hands on your head or the trigger of your gun...

Reply to
Steve

Columbia, Mo is a Bible Belt community. They wish to regulate people into behaving. Now this was a legitimate pot bust to my understanding it was for possession. The cops went overboard, it is the police video of the bust wonder why it got released?

Mark

Reply to
Markem

Yes, that's true ... all the more reason to hold it in contempt. Free people do not need to be "regulated into behaving." They need to be left alone until/unless they infringe upon the freedoms of others, neglect their children, defraud someone, or act with unprovoked force or threat.

No, it was probably a *legal* bust, but I cannot comprehend looking at this as "legitimate".

Reply to
Tim Daneliuk

Perhaps. I would imagine that there have always been, and will always be such people...

...and this little episode reminded me of Salem's early history.

The newspaper obtained it under the provisions of the Freedom of Information Act by exerting the considerable power of the Fourth Estate after one of its reporters independently made a similar request and was refused.

Reply to
Morris Dovey

Meanwhile, back in the military, the complaint is they're being trained to police rather than be used as an army...

particular, read this comment, second in a list of 111 responses:

"Seems like a symptom of the fact that our military are now being used as police forces in various occupied territories around the world, rather than as an army.

"You don't want police trained to go fatal at first drop. You do, however, want that in a soldier. I would say this is a systemic problem." -- posted by lumpenprole at 11:00 AM on May 10

Reply to
Steve

Outside of the fervent religious zealots, there may have been a little ergotamine and some land-grabbing. But I get your meaning.

Reply to
Steve

Well, they might nip an ankle or three ...

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

Wouldn't it have made sense if Janet Reno had decided to wait for David Koresh to go into town to buy a sixpack?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- He jogged. Almost daily. Hard to hide a mortar in your jogging trunks.

Same thing with Weaver, he went to town now and then.

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

Around these parts - Portland, OR - a lot of purely 'legal' police actions have cost the city a lot of money and Still they don't get it.

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

On Mon, 10 May 2010 23:50:17 -0500, Morris Dovey wrote the following:

I can understand shooting an advancing pit bull, but I've never seen an attack corgi, have you?

Vicious!

If his parents are druggies, the kid probably already does.

OH, puhleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!

I think it might be a good idea to closely check the stories of the team who entered and those who shot. Methinks it might have been a newbie, all hopped up on adrenaline, who took the dogs down.

Indeed. I can see why they went armed into a house which was suspected of -large- quantities of pot. Bigger dealers are usually armed to protect their large values of the drugs. It's why I carry when I got out taking photos of the hills, hiking back to waterfalls and such. If I run across a pot field, I'm outta there, but I have my six covered.

P.S: Whatever happened to the SWAT teams using beanbag guns during residential takedowns? I thought all towns had bought into those non-lethal alternatives.

-- You will find that the mere resolve not to be useless, and the honest desire to help other people, will, in the quickest and delicatest ways, improve yourself. -- John Ruskin

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I had to look that up - and got quite an eye-opener. I'm not sure how I managed to remain so completely ignorant of that aspect for twenty-five years, but really do appreciate the nudge.

Thank you.

Reply to
Morris Dovey

And if it had been (mistakenly, of course) /your/ house in which the seven shots were fired - and /your/ child's hearing - would /you/ just suck it up?

Reply to
Morris Dovey

You've got your agencies confused there. BATF ran the initial raid, FBI didn't get involved until the BATmen had as usual already screwed it up beyond all repair. BATF at the time worked for Treasury, which was under Rubin, FBI works for Justice which was under Reno.

IMO instead of moving BATF to Justice in 2002, the whole lot should have been moved to Gitmo.

But The Untouchables don't work that way.

Reply to
J. Clarke

What a comforting thought, Norbert the Newbie with an automatic weapon, busting down your door to save you from the bad guys. The people who train and test SWAT teams make a point of finding those guys, one of their favorite tricks being manipulating the SWAT team into shooting the hostages in training scenarios (with Simunitions or paintball guns). Trigger-happy rookies are not supposed to be on the team--this is what happens when they try to turn county-mounties into Delta Force.

Reply to
DGDevin

A few months ago, and a few blocks from my front door, an FBI agent was killed after an early morning raid on a local drug dealer. They broke down the door,the guy escaped out the back door whilst his wife, also a crack head, shot and killed the FBI agent, claiming she thought he was an intruder.

I have little trust in government, and less for crack heads.

I know it's easy to judge from either side when you are at home, typing in your underwear, sipping coffee.

Reply to
Jack Stein

We all know the SWAT team doesn't come kicking in your door for a little weed. That makes them look like the dumb-asses these cops were. These people obviously came on the radar for something more than that, even in little Columbia, Missouri. How they handled the bust was a Keyston Cop farce near as I can see. Most of the cops around here would be embarassed as hell to be associated with that and the douchebags that pulled it off would be called to the carpet. ~And~ they shot the dogs? You gotta be farkin' kiddin' me.

My 10 cents.

RP

Reply to
RP

Like we heard they could have done in WACO?

Reply to
phorbin