Really?

Page 2 of 3
On Thu, 13 May 2010 21:13:06 -0700, "Lobby Dosser"

Not after tanks, SWAT teams, and 'lebenty thousand armed agents surrounded his little abode.
-- Work and struggle and never accept an evil that you can change. -- Andre Gide

By which time it was too late to do it quietly ...
On Sat, 15 May 2010 03:53:38 -0700, "Lobby Dosser"

Juuuuuuuuuuust a bit.
-- Work and struggle and never accept an evil that you can change. -- Andre Gide

Right. Janet already had the space cleared out over her mantle for the trophy.

Unfortunately for her, all she got was an urn. :()

We all know the SWAT team doesn't come kicking in your door for a little weed. That makes them look like the dumb-asses these cops were. These people obviously came on the radar for something more than that, even in little Columbia, Missouri. How they handled the bust was a Keyston Cop farce near as I can see. Most of the cops around here would be embarassed as hell to be associated with that and the douchebags that pulled it off would be called to the carpet. ~And~ they shot the dogs? You gotta be farkin' kiddin' me.
My 10 cents.
RP
On 5/10/2010 3:06 PM, Robatoy wrote:

They said they killed the pups because they couldn't understand an order to back off... Eh?
I'm sure they never considered that the 7 year-old child might grow up fearing and hating all cops.
It might be a good idea to have the child's hearing tested. If it has been damaged, then the individuals responsible should be held fully accountable for that injury.
I'm also thinking that the people of Columbia might benefit from publishing the names of the SWAT team members - and from finding grounds for retiring the chief, the detective who filed for the search warrant, and the entire SWAT team without pay or pension.
Come to think of it, the names of the "reliable informants" should be published as well.
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
On 5/10/2010 11:50 PM, Morris Dovey wrote:

When I came back from the service in the early 70's and observed how the local police were being trained in military tactics, my initial reaction was that there was no one to practice their new military skills on but the citizenry.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

No partisanship when it comes to the desire to wear jack-boots.

I WILL get this right...fargin' gmailcrappola. I figured that I would just change my user name 'Robatoy' to another e- mail addy..but nooooooooooo So let's see what happened here...
"Robert Sekeris" wrote
I WILL get this right...fargin' gmailcrappola. I figured that I would just change my user name 'Robatoy' to another e- mail addy..but nooooooooooo So let's see what happened here... ================ Welcome to the newsgroup Robert.
Just who are you?
On May 11, 10:11am, "Lee Michaels"

Smarteepants!!!
On 5/11/2010 9:11 AM, Lee Michaels wrote:

Obviously Angela's husband ... you reckon she's rolling her eyes about now? ;)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

Naaa, Angela just laughs it off. She needs a sense of humour around here...

Meanwhile, back in the military, the complaint is they're being trained to police rather than be used as an army... http://www.metafilter.com/91820/Teaching-Our-Soldiers-to-Die-Instead-of-Kill
In
particular, read this comment, second in a list of 111 responses:
"Seems like a symptom of the fact that our military are now being used as police forces in various occupied territories around the world, rather than as an army.
"You don't want police trained to go fatal at first drop. You do, however, want that in a soldier. I would say this is a systemic problem." -- posted by lumpenprole at 11:00 AM on May 10

Columbia, Mo is a Bible Belt community. They wish to regulate people into behaving. Now this was a legitimate pot bust to my understanding it was for possession. The cops went overboard, it is the police video of the bust wonder why it got released?
Mark
On 5/11/2010 7:28 PM, Markem wrote:

Yes, that's true ... all the more reason to hold it in contempt. Free people do not need to be "regulated into behaving." They need to be left alone until/unless they infringe upon the freedoms of others, neglect their children, defraud someone, or act with unprovoked force or threat.

No, it was probably a *legal* bust, but I cannot comprehend looking at this as "legitimate".

Around these parts - Portland, OR - a lot of purely 'legal' police actions have cost the city a lot of money and Still they don't get it.
On 5/11/2010 7:28 PM, Markem wrote:

Perhaps. I would imagine that there have always been, and will always be such people...
...and this little episode reminded me of Salem's early history.

The newspaper obtained it under the provisions of the Freedom of Information Act by exerting the considerable power of the Fourth Estate after one of its reporters independently made a similar request and was refused.
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar