Re: Wondering if these would help?

Larry Blanchard wrote:

gloves. Not sure of the spelling but that could help if your fingers weren't forced into the blade. Just wonder if anyone would ever bother to put them on.
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"

I'd think they may it more likely your hand was pulled into the blade... But in any event I suspect they would only offer a false sense of security.
evodawg said:

Anything that would tend to catch on a sharp blade tip sounds like a bad idea to me. Chain mail mesh is great for long blades, but...
Greg G.
evodawg wrote:

Not wise to use those with a table saw--it will pull the glove off and all the skin from your hand with it. They're fine for knives and chisels and maybe for meat slicers, but not for saws.
I use one when I'm slicing with a mandoline--now _that_ is a scary tool.
J. Clarke wrote:

to my attention.
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"

I have one of those chain mail gloves bought at Lee Valley. But they are NOT and I can't emphasize strongly enough, NOT to be used anywhere near machinery. They're to be used in the presence of knives or other sharp manual tools, no machinery allowed.
snipped-for-privacy@teksavvy.com wrote:

--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"