Would these be okay for compost?

I have a large amount of ground up apricot wood which has been used in my horse corral for 4 years but has decomposed to the point that it is not longer appropriate for that purpose. Would this be good to use as mulch? I also have finely ground cedar and am wondering if this would be appropriate in the garden as well. Cheryl

Reply to
Cheryl

Yes, both are fine. The cedar (I'm presuming you really mean Juniperus virginiana, from which most fragrant 'cedar' products are made) will act as an insect deterrent unless it has already decomposed.

Dave

Reply to
David J Bockman