Re: What have been the worst home handyman accidents you've had,or seen so far ?

Page 10 of 15
On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 12:54:19 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
<snip>

<snip> While this depends on definitions, while there were indeed plenty of armed citizens in the first few years of the Republic, there was an almost total lack of politicians and functionaries as they had all decided to move back to England (either before or after the tar and feathers). Over time, we grew our own, until we are again overrun.
Unka' George [George McDuffee] ===========Merchants have no country. The mere spot they stand on does not constitute so strong an attachment as that from which they draw their gains.

...sigh... George, I can't wait until you write your book. d8-)
-- Ed Huntress
F. George McDuffee wrote:
| Over time, we grew our own, until we are again overrun.
Perhaps we can learn from our mistakes. Next time we might consider drinking the tea and throwing the _politicians_ into the harbor. :-)

Which of course brings up the immortal words of Claire Wolfe: "America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards."-- Claire Wolfe
on 9/13/2007 8:36 AM Kurt Ullman said the following:

To quote Robin William's character, Presidential candidate Tom Dobbs, in "Man of the Year". "Politicians are a lot like diapers. They should be changed frequently, and for the same reasons."
UK - diapers = nappies
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 12:54:19 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
<snip>

<snip>
While I am a life member of the NRA, this is more fund raising and s**t disturbing.
In most cases a single member in either house can place a "hold" on a bill. Thus all of the gun legislation was passed with at least the tacit cooperation of the so-called "pro gun" legislators.
This again appears to be more punch-n-judy show for the suckers, er... ah .. campaign contributors and voters.
Unka' George [George McDuffee] ===========Merchants have no country. The mere spot they stand on does not constitute so strong an attachment as that from which they draw their gains.

Not to mention us new members. <g>
I forgot to mention that the sweet young thing offered me a lifetime membership at the reduced rate of $700. I told her she'd have to reduce it a hell of a lot more than that before it was a good deal for me...
-- Ed Huntress
Ed Huntress wrote:

"700$" No thanks, I always get more than that. ;-)
prove it.

You're crude. d8-)
-- Ed Huntress
Ed Huntress wrote:

You should hear me tell off telemarketers. ;-)
I had one Heating A/C company call me 35 times in one week, insisting that I needed their annual inspection service on a central air system. (I didn't even have a window unit.) This was before the do not call list.
The last time they called I told them that I had hundreds of retired friends in town, and if they called me one more time that these people would take turns tying up all of the company's phone lines with stupid questions, and calling to have the company send their sales people out to give estimates, with no intention of spending a dime and promised her that it would be damn near impossible for a legitimate customer to get through on their phone lines. She yelled, "That's harassment!" I laughed and told her, 'Now you know how I feel.'
They never called back. Was it something I said?
prove it.

That's fun, but it takes a lot of time. I just say, "Excuse me a minute, I'll be right back." Then I put down the phone and read a book or something. Five minutes later I just hang up the phone.
I was having fun with the young ladies from the NRA the other night, though. I just couldn't say no in the end. d8-)
-- Ed Huntress
Ed Huntress wrote:

They were tying up my business phoneline, and I only had a single line in the shop.
prove it.
On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 22:00:57 -0400, "Ed Huntress"

I had one collection agency caller (10 calls between 7 AM and 7:45 AM) taken off the case and calls stopped because of the harassment they got when they called my number. Gerry :-)} London, Canada
willshak wrote:

The Constitution of the United States of America contains in the first TEN amendments FOUR references to "PEOPLE". Why is it that the second reference is interpreted by the anti gun fanatics to mean the GOVERNMENT and the other THREE references to mean them?
A clear and concise answer please, no prevarications....
willshak wrote:

It seems that the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit disagrees with your intepretation.
--John
J. Clarke wrote:

True. Federal courts have consistently held that the right to bear arms in the Second Amendment is an individual right, not a right belonging to a "well regulated militia" or to members of a militia.
doesn't it amaze you how every thread that might possibly involve an OT subject degenerates into a pro/anti gun arguement? don't you guys have something better with which to occupy your synapses? "
.

You have True Believer against True Believer. This may take awhile to sort out.
Count the postings to this thread. YOu'll find that even though OT it is generating more interest then anything else going on in this newsgroup right now. That's the First Amendment at work. Don't like it? Then exercise your own rights rather than try to suppress others, by just ignoring this thread.
William Noble wrote:

Even though the Amendment itself limits the right to a "well-regulated militia".
I guess its only a matter of time before someone says "Because the good lord made it so", and we are then allowed to let this thread die... 'alf a mo'. I just did say it. Can we stop now?