What have been the worst home handyman accidents you've had,or seen so far ?

I so wish I had a ballot. That said, it does not render my views and my ability to express them as impotent. It's that 'forest-from-the-trees' thing, Morris.

I peek over the fence and worry myself sick.

A lot of my peers were on loan to Iran to build their electrical networks. They made a lot of friends. So many Iranians we'd love to have as neighbours. What's with the war drums?

Won't you add impeachement to you arsenal of keyboard and ballot?

respectfully,

Robatoy

And then it's the "nutter", the ownership or possession of firearm by which is unlawful everywhere in the United States, who commits the murder.

Now, why it is that killing someone with underwear is OK with you but not if a firearm is used?

Reply to
J. Clarke

The bigest problems with having so many guns is that.

1) the nutters can get them more easily. 2) borderline nutters can get them easily. 3) young kids can, and do, get them to play with and kill others by mistake much too often. 4) killing or injuring someone at a distance is so easy,

And the reason that guns should be much more closely controlled is that with almost all other weapons you have to get close to the person you injure/kill.

But by controlled I mean that all guns and ammunition should be easily identifiable and the original owner made equally responsible for their use or misuse, with no exceptions at all, unless that owner could prove that they had sold the gun/ammo to another identifiable responsible person. Regrettably at this time that could not happen in any country where the law often lets people totally avoid responsibility. However if it could be achieved the level of gun related crime/accidents would drop at an amazing rate.

Reply to
Jerome Meekings

True. Federal courts have consistently held that the right to bear arms in the Second Amendment is an individual right, not a right belonging to a "well regulated militia" or to members of a militia.

Reply to
Just Wondering

Have any statistics to support any of those contentions?

Uh, you _want_ to get close to someone who is trying to kill you because?

Pie in the sky. Tell us a proven method of accomplishing all this "easy identification" that does not create another huge government beaurocracy.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Why don't you guys take this discussion to GUNS "R" US?

Reply to
Ralph

Because then we wouldn't have the pleasure of your intelligent input.

Reply to
Robatoy

doesn't it amaze you how every thread that might possibly involve an OT subject degenerates into a pro/anti gun arguement? don't you guys have something better with which to occupy your synapses? "

.
Reply to
William Noble

Those are at hand..waiting in the wings. Think of them as claymores for when the gomers human wave the wire...

Interesting and thought provoking pictures eh?

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

Shit..when I went to war..I wore a mohawk most of the time.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

No such claims were ever made. We do however claim to understand American.

Now Redbone, clatz the dog while ranching the skeeter.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

Lets see..as I recall..yall also broght slavery, small pox, syphillis and broken promises just to name a few...

And you think thats a good thing?

Well..you did give my people "scalping" for which We are forever grateful

Gunner, Native American

Reply to
Gunner

Huh? My real world nickname is Gunner. Has been for over 30 yrs.

Btw..I do get a clean bill of health every 2 yrs. I have the card in my pocket as proof.

CCW permit.

And your proof is where again?

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

Stockholm Syndrome at its worst.

And you lick the hand that binds you as well...

Whatever that ment.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

If someone offered 3 pence and a imperial gallon of Stout for your demise...Id be hunting a hole if I were you.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

Sport aside...thats mighty white of you.

Odd..Ive 60 some firearms..and only a few have taken a life. And those being surplus military arms of other countries.

Least..that I care to discuss here.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

Not true in the least.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

Pray tell...how would you accomplish this?

There are a bit more than 300,000,000 firearms in the US.

Think our people will simply turn them in or register them?

Snicker..think again

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

It doesnt take much skill to recognize castrati such as yourself.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

Oddly enough..virtually every state in the Union also includes some form of 2nd Amendment guarantee in its state constitution as well

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner