Re: What have been the worst home handyman accidents you've had,or seen so far ?

Page 8 of 15

Here we go! Hang on, folks, it's the battle of the Gun Quotes, and it's going to be a bumpy ride...
-- Ed Huntress
On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 13:07:01 -0400, "Ed Huntress"

So presenting verifyable data points to counter raw emotionalism from my opponents is somehow a bad thing?
Gunner

That depends on whether you like your rides bumpy. d8-)
Don't get grumpy, Gunner. I just know what's coming, and it could be a beaut. If it were me I'd list all the citations from US v Emerson, 5th Circuit Court of Appeals, and expect responses in November or so. <g>
-- Ed Huntress
On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 14:36:14 -0400, "Ed Huntress"

Those are at hand..waiting in the wings. Think of them as claymores for when the gomers human wave the wire...
<G>
Interesting and thought provoking pictures eh?
Gunner
wrote: <snip>

Yeah, they are. They look like print ads. Who produced them?
-- Ed Huntress
On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 07:28:42 -0400, "Ed Huntress"

IvanOleg, the young guy who runs the website. Rather good photographer, pro second amendment.
Russian immigre as I recall.
He of course does other stuff, chop it down to just the www and look at his other work
Gunner

geoff

raden wrote:

Yes it is, but tell us, Redneck, is it fun for you, too?
prove it.
willshak wrote:

Why? Can't you afford a mirror?
prove it.
on 9/12/2007 4:49 PM Michael A. Terrell said the following:

I have a few of them. I also have a DD214. Sorry about your injury. I was fortunate to have served between the Korean and Viet Nam wars. I also have a certificate honoring my 38 years of municipal service, which service required that I enforce the criminal and traffic laws of New York State and carry a gun when on duty. I also own 5 handguns and two rifles. I also was once a member of the NRA. Surprised?
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
willshak wrote:

I served during Vietnam era, but never saw combat. I had severe health problems, but a very good background in electronics so they drafted me, after telling me I couldn't enlist because of five separate 4F ratings. I was legally disabled when I was drafted, but I served. I tested out of the three year electronics school for broadcast engineer while I was in basic training, and skipped AIT. It was a few years ago those problems got so bad that I can no longer work.

Only one person in seven in the US military ever sees combat. Some people don't understand that. There is more to a fighting force than the front line, and everything has to work properly, or those at the front line all die.

Good for you. :) Were you an MP or SP wile in the military? A lot of the better police officers got their training that way. I only met a couple bad ones while in the US Army. I bet that they all remembered me for a while. It's amazing what a quick talk with their watch commander can do when they screw up. :) I worked 'Weathervision' at Ft. Rucker and had several try to keep me from doing my duty. All the watch commander had to hear was 'Weathervision' and the MP got yelled at, and reminded that if our group didn't get their job done, the helicopter school had to shut down.
I received a letter of commendation from my commanding General for my work to resurrect a totally screwed up AFRTS TV station. I ignored that everything was depot level work, and fixed everything in the station. Then the station manager tried to have me court martailed for 'dereliction of duty' for the work I did. It was quickly dropped, and I was promoted. :)
I went back into electronics after I left the service. At my last job I was building telemetry equipment for a lot of US government agencies, some that are still under NDA.

Not really. I was just responding to your jab. ;-)
prove it.

proceeds from an article he wrote) to anyone who killed George Bush, and as a true patriot, you should all be leaping at the chance
--
geoff

raden wrote:

Uh, that would mean Cheney gets to be President.
--John
raden wrote:

Why? Now of it was for anyone your sorry government thousands would jump at it, even though most don't beleive in 'Mercy killing'. OTOH, it is a nation of Queens, ruled by a bigger queen.
prove it.

If someone offered 3 pence and a imperial gallon of Stout for your demise...Id be hunting a hole if I were you.
Gunner
raden wrote:

And the wan and pitiful sound of someone who is about to disappear forever screaming that they have rights.

I so wish I had a ballot. That said, it does not render my views and my ability to express them as impotent. It's that 'forest-from-the-trees' thing, Morris.
I peek over the fence and worry myself sick.
A lot of my peers were on loan to Iran to build their electrical networks. They made a lot of friends. So many Iranians we'd love to have as neighbours. What's with the war drums?
Won't you add impeachement to you arsenal of keyboard and ballot?
respectfully,
Robatoy wrote:
| || My _preferred_ weapons are keyboard and ballot. | | I so wish I had a ballot.
Y'know, I was thinking about that a while back. Not your (r's) ballot specifically, but the notion that citizens of a country aren't the only stakeholders in choosing that country's leaders.
It was just idle thinking, of course, because no one in any country would be willing to give someone from another country a role in choosing their country's leadership. Still, it's an interesting thought - and I've wondered how things would play if the world outside the USA could elect one senator and one representative to our legislature...
| That said, it does not render my views and my ability to express | them as impotent. | It's that 'forest-from-the-trees' thing, Morris.
Absolutely true - that's the "keyboard' part of the arsenal. Discourse /can/ bring about change when well-chosen words are spoken/written in a suitable context.
Well, in a manner of speaking, we're all trees in the forest - even though we'd each like to speak our own piece and be heard as individuals.
It's being worth listening to that's the real challenge.
| I peek over the fence and worry myself sick.
I'll be the first to admit that you have noisy neighbors who (at least sometimes) appear to be completely irrational. :-)
Observe - great. Worry yourself sick - please don't. As a constructive friend, you're highly valued - and I would prefer you stay healthy.
FWIW, before you get into deep worry mode, it makes sense to ask: "Hey, what's going on here? Do I need to worry about you?" There are a couple of benefits to this: first, there may not be as much reason to worry as you originally thought - and second, you've stimulated your neighbor to focus (even if just a little) more on what you see as a problem.
| A lot of my peers were on loan to Iran to build their electrical | networks. They made a lot of friends. So many Iranians we'd love to | have as neighbours. What's with the war drums?
Fear and a certain amount of bigotry. Fear that Iran will develop nuclear weapons as powerful as those we have and fear that they'll act irresponsibly.
I worked (and socialized) with some Irani immigrants in San Jose. I was pleased to give 'em all the furniture I'd built for my apartment when I returned to Iowa, and I'd be still more pleased to have them living next door here.
In order to beat the war drums, it's necessary to /ignore/ the value of individuals. I've concluded that "hawkishness" is inversely proportional to the number of places from which one's friends come and inverse-squared with one's appreciation for cultures other than one's own.
| Won't you add impeachement to you arsenal of keyboard and ballot?
That's not really a solution to the problems we've created for ourselves - for a number of reasons. For instance: How would you feel knowing the head of household next door had carelessly shot a _friend_?
IMO, our stars never shone so brightly as when we focused our efforts on sharing our best with others in need - and they never dimmed so rapidly as when our politicians changed their focus from 'help' to 'control'.
They _still_ don't have 24-hour electricity in Baghdad.

Sorry, Bush already gave Cheney control of all weapons of mass destruction 5 months before 9/11.

Too bad the candidate of my choice is NEVER on the ballot - NONE OF THE ABOVE ;)