Re: What have been the worst home handyman accidents you've had,or seen so far ?

Page 7 of 15

So you're "gunner" in name only then ?
--
geoff

Huh? My real world nickname is Gunner. Has been for over 30 yrs.
Btw..I do get a clean bill of health every 2 yrs. I have the card in my pocket as proof.
CCW permit.
And your proof is where again?
Gunner
Gunner wrote:

The card in 'his' pocket lets him out of the asylum, but only to go to work. Even they don't wantr him running loose.
prove it.
raden wrote:

Certainly! If you were allowed to own guns, you might tuurn back into real men.
prove it.

What would you know
--
geoff

It doesnt take much skill to recognize castrati such as yourself.
Gunner
raden wrote:

A hell of a lot more than you ever will.
prove it.
raden wrote:

Only if you're a good shot.
prove it.

Ah, that's why they are allowed in Septicstan
--
geoff

Dead bad people for the most part.
You seem to think this is a bad thing?
Gunner
Gunner wrote:

He doesn't think, he just parrots the anti Second Amendment cult.
prove it.
On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 06:20:10 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"

I wonder what his response will be if we bring up doctors, motor vehicles, food and power tools, not to mention ladders....brrrrrrrrr!
Gunner
Gunner wrote:

And distract him from the 24/7/365.25 Monty Python marathon on his TV? Do you think he'd even notice?
prove it.

We don't have a second amendment, you thick septic
--
geoff

Actully..you did have a Bill of Rights, which guarenteed weapons ownership, until you used it for bumwad
Now you are simply a serf, owned by the State.
Doesnt that collar around your neck bother you?
Gunner
on 9/11/2007 11:34 PM Gunner said the following:

Why is it that some believe that the US Constitution guarantees weapons ownership? Most of these people have never read the law, and those that have read it, completely ignore the first clause of the sentence. "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed". How many gun owners belong to a "well regulated militia"?
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
willshak wrote:
| Why is it that some believe that the US Constitution guarantees | weapons ownership?
Because it does (in the last fourteen words of what you've quoted below.)
| Most of these people have never read the law, and those that have | read it, completely ignore the first clause of the sentence. | "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free | state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be | infringed".
That first clause is the rationale for what follows. If you don't understand the motivation, a review of colonial history will contribute to your appreciation of the principles involved. You might find a review of the grievances listed in the Declaration of Independence illuminating. The authors of the Constitution ensured that citizens would be empowered to say "No!" to tyranny - both from outside and from within our borders.
If you want to rebut by pointing out that there is no tyranny, then I give you my very happiest smiley. :-)
| How many gun owners belong to a "well regulated militia"?
I, and a great many others here, have so belonged. I was a gun owner before, during, and after so belonging - not much different from millions of other Americans. Like those others I took an oath to preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution and I intend to keep that oath. You might prefer that I do so with a pitchfork or club, but the authors of the Constitution preferred otherwise and gave their preference force of law.
My _preferred_ weapons are keyboard and ballot.
-- Morris Dovey Declaration of Independence: www.iedu.com/mrd/07041776.html Constitution: www.iedu.com/mrd/Constitution.html

United States Code 13
311. Militia: composition and classes
(a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard. (b) The classes of the militia are (1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and (2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia.
Pay particular attention to Section 2
Gunner
on 9/12/2007 5:09 AM Gunner said the following:

311.(a) says the militia shall consist of 'able bodied males' between the ages of 17 and 45, and 'females who are members of the National Guard'. I read that as males not in that age group, or females not in the National Guard, are not members of a militia. That's what it says, whether or not one disagrees with it. (2) refers to 'members of the militia', which is defined in 311 (a)
From http://www.ushistory.org/people/minutemen.htm
"Although the terms militia and minutemen are sometimes used interchangeably today, in the 18th century there was a decided difference between the two. _Militia were men in arms formed _to protect their towns from foreign invasion and ravages of war. Minutemen were a small hand-picked elite force which were required to be highly mobile and able to assemble quickly. _Minutemen were selected from militia muster rolls by their commanding officers_. Typically 25 years of age or younger, they were chosen for their enthusiasm, reliability, and physical strength. Usually about one quarter of the militia served as Minutemen, performing additional duties as such. The Minutemen were the first armed militia to arrive or await a battle.
Bring on more insults.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

http://www.olegvolk.net/gallery/technology/arms/1st2nd5882.jpg.html
Since you wish to make claims regarding the 18th century....
I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials." George Mason, in Debates in Virginia Convention on Ratification of the Constitution, Elliot, Vol. 3, June 16, 1788 Militia
"The militia, when properly formed, are in fact the people themselves, ... all men capable of bearing arms;..." "Letters from the Federal Farmer to the Republic", 1788 (either Richard Henry Lee or Melancton Smith).
"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man against his own bosom? Congress shall have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American ... The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the People." Tench Coxe, 1788.
http://www.a-human-right.com/predict2_s.jpg
http://olegvolk.net/gallery/d/5320-2/freedom.jpg
Oh..btw...the 45yr age restriction is unlawful, according to Federal ADA laws.
In practice..the age restriction is ignored. Keep in mind that in 1778...45 yrs of age was close to the average life expectancy, so that was considered close to elderly.
Oh..something else you should read...
"How we burned in the prison camps later thinking: What would things have been like if every police operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive? If during periods of mass arrests people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever was at hand? The organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt." Alexander Solzhenitsyn, Nobel Prize winner and author of The Gulag Archipelago, who spent 11 years in Soviet concentration camps.
http://www.a-human-right.com/s_gulag.jpg
http://www.a-human-right.com/s_monopoly.jpg
Since you have difficulties with written word....perhaps pictures may be of assistance to you...
http://www.a-human-right.com/s_order.jpg
http://www.a-human-right.com/s_racist.jpg
http://www.a-human-right.com/history_s.jpg
http://www.a-human-right.com /