Re: What have been the worst home handyman accidents you've had,or seen so far ?

Page 13 of 15
Joe Pfeiffer wrote:
| || SteveB wrote: || ||| You DO remember the topic of this newsgroup, don't you? No? Sigh || || Which of the three newsgroups you posted to is "this newsgroup"? | | I think his point is valid for any of them.
But are you certain it's valid for _all_ of them? :-D
SteveB wrote:

Perhaps so, but so what? As you point out, some posters consider much of what is said idiotic. It does no need to cry about it, and those who do any way are well on the road to becoming anal retentive. Usenet is a forum for people to speak out. If they are speaking out on an off-topic subject and you want to stay on-topic, just mark the whole thread as "read" and get on with your life.

NO, NO, NO. I killfile the idiots first. Most never have anything to say about the group they are responding to anyway. When I killfile some of these people, my list of posts sometimes lessen by 20%. They must need to get a life to get on with.
Steve
SteveB wrote:

When you skip an OT thread, you've saved yourself from having to see it. When you killfile a poster, though, you not only eliminate the OT stuff, you also prevent yourself from seeing any good on-topic stuff from his as well. As long as you are OK with that, by all means killfile away.

Define well regulated and militia in the terms of year it was laid on paper.
Try the Oxford Dictionary of 1788
Gunner

I don't own a gun, nor do I want to
not owning one doesn't make me feel oppressed
Hey one - nill to England against Russia
--
geoff

Stockholm Syndrome at its worst.

And you lick the hand that binds you as well...

Whatever that ment.
Gunner
Gunner wrote:

Why should it? It matches his purse and his heels.
prove it.
raden wrote:

God, are you dense. You don't DESREVE one, either. You let women rule your country and they have done a wonderful job turning you into one, too.
prove it.

Better than the retard that runs yours
OK rednecks, I'm bored with you now
byeee
--
geoff

raden wrote:

You were boring from the moment you stuck your snout into RCM.
prove it.

Spoils your day a bit if you're not a baddie, though
--
geoff

Of course it does. Nearly as bad as crashing through your windshield on the highway.
Or falling off a ladder
Or drowning in a swimming pool
Or bleeding to death after misusing a power tool
Or choking to death on food
Etc
So you have no issues with banning motorcars, ladders, swimming pools, power tools and food.
Correct?
Gunner

Done that at 80 mph

That's for silly people

You'll like this ...
very gory - failed suicide bomber ...
<http://nothingtoxic.com/media/1181884353/Disgusting_Results_of_a_Failed_ Suicide_Bomber>

Pretzel ? we wish

No, these are all things designed for things other than killing people
Sport aside, guns are there to kill
--
geoff

raden wrote:

That's funny, some of mine drive staples, others solder. You don't know the difference between 'Gun' and 'Weapon'. Typical 'britidiot'.
prove it.

Funny thing, disregarding sports and target practice, most of my ammo expended was for other purposes than killing. Probably have used a gun as a drill more often than to kill something ;)

Sport aside...thats mighty white of you.
Odd..Ive 60 some firearms..and only a few have taken a life. And those being surplus military arms of other countries.
Least..that I care to discuss here.
Gunner
Gunner wrote:

I keep waiting and hoping they will ban idiots and cowards. That should reduce the world's population by at least 90%. Of course, they would have to figure out what to do with all the crap left behind. :(
prove it.

But what about the ones that were on your right hand?
nick hull wrote:

G'day all, While at Tech, doing my apprenticeship we where warned never to wear jewellery, including rings in the work shop. (Although some of the instructors wore ties). To drive home the message several large posters of photographs were displayed. One that I've never forgotten was of a finger with a wedding ring and a long piece of string like stuff protruding from where it had been torn from a hand. This was a tendon that had stayed attached and pulled out from the shoulder. No use or very little left in the blokes arm. My wedding ring was worn on my wedding day and has stayed in a box at home ever since.
regards John