Re: O/T: Looking for a "Hook"

On Mon, 7 Jun 2010 23:41:44 -0700, "Lew Hodgett"
<snip>
You turd. Don't you know this ain't a binaries group?
Gordon Shumway A Liberal is a person who will give away everything he doesn't own.
On Mon, 7 Jun 2010 23:41:44 -0700, "Lew Hodgett"
Interesting idea. Only disadvantage is that sometime in the future, there's the definite possibility the "plug" will corrode and continue the problem for future society.
I guess it stops the current problem until something more permanent can be devised. The only "permanent" solution that I can see is to completely drain the well until it's empty. The genie is out of the bottle so to speak and it has to be dealt with one way or another.
"Upscale" wrote:

------------------------------------ It is intended to be a short term plug that would be removed when cross bore plug is completed.
After that, remove and rehab for the next event, which will certainly happen.
Lew
On Mon, 7 Jun 2010 23:41:44 -0700, "Lew Hodgett"

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/category/latest-news/gulf-coast-oil-spill/oil-disaster-solutions/?hpt=T2
Worth a shot? I dunno....
-Zz
"Zz Yzx" wrote: