How long does you Penofin stay nice looking?

How many years does Penofin stay looking brown, on a deck? I live in NJ with its fair share of rain and baking sun. The manufacturer says 2 years between coats.

Reply to
dean

I have a deck made of western red cedar and I have been using Penofin (red label cans). It goes about 4 years between re-coats. I live in southeast Virginia, hot summers & mild winters. Steve

Reply to
Steve

I've gotten that from the mahogany furniture I have. Still looks very good and still retaining natural color as I start the third summer with it.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Steve, Edwin - did you double-coat each time, or is this a single coat?

Reply to
dean

I had plenty of oil left so I did slap a second coat on the top surfaces. I don't know if it helped but it certainly can't hurt.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I used it on my last deck. It looked good for two years and started to look faded the next summer so I re-coated it, but it wasn't bad and I could have gone another year. This deck is in Portland and had full sun exposure and a lot of rain. I had this deck for 20 years and have used 3 or 4 different stains that claimed different longevities. but they all seemed to last a good two years no matter what it said on the label. BTW I did like Penofil the best.

Reply to
TH

Reply to
Steve