Re: O/T: Just For You

> econony by continued alimony payments.

> Or you could move to a state that doesn't have alimony (Texas is one - > there are others) and file for divorce there.

Do you have to be a resident of Texas for a predefined period or some other precondition before you can get that alimony-less support? I'm wondering why more don't take advantage of that? Or, maybe they do.

Reply to
Upscale

Unless you are a Retired Serviceman! Then the "Spousal Support Act" comes into play. Call it what you may, but it is still Alimony. AND, it doesn't end just because your "Ex: remarries!

DAMHIK

Bill

Reply to
Bill Hall