Re: Jet Dust Collector Remotes

I wonder who here may have more than one remote control dust collector from Jet.
I would have to guess that they all use the same IR remote however a call to Jet would answer the question with more authority.

No each one has its own. Passing one remote around was rather awkward at times, especially when Leon had a big project and did not want to share.
wrote in message

ROTFL!!!
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

And I was getting really, really tired of my collector going on and off on its own was what I was going to complain of w/ the "one remote" solution... :)
Thanks for the response.
I do know that some Jet remotes are RF not IR...like a garage opener...so one does not need line of sight to activate the collector.
TMT
FIY Mine is IR and while that is a line of sight thing, for me it is not as picky as say a TV IR remote. My DC faces the center of the shop and sets on a light colored concrete floor. Typically just pointing in the general area is good enough to control the DC. Sometimes I can aim and bounce off of a near by light colored object.