OT: Break from House Finishing.

We moved into the new place, unfinished, in March. Been working on trim and cabinetry on a 6-7 day/week basis much of the time since then. I think I have been suffering from a bit of burn-out recently because the last cabinet job was below my usual standard.

A couple of weeks ago I was walking our dog when the engineer for our rural community stopped to chat. He told me they were trying to assemble and install a new set of playground equipment that they had acquired via a grant. "Would I be interested in helping out?"

I said sure, I needed a break. On that particular morning it was about 50 degrees and birds were chirping. We finished assembly of the thousands of parts a few days ago. During the past few days we have been installing in steadily deteriorating weather. Went to the park at 7:30 this morning and it was 34 degrees with a 20 MPH wind. Came home at noon and it was 17 degrees....same 20 mph wind.

I wanted to kick the damned dog, but he's a German Shepherd.

RonB

Reply to
RonB

Our Great Dane and I went on our usual 2 mile walk this morning for the first time in a week or so. Houston is having one of its coldest ten Decembers on record and I am almost ready for Summer. Anyway at about half way out, the farthest point from home the HEAVY fog turned to rain. Ever walk a Great Dane that does not like to be out in the rain and knows exactly how to get home...... HANG ON..!!!!!!!!

Reply to
Leon

That there is funny.

Reminds me of a woman in my old neighborhood who had these harnesses on her two dogs. And she strapped herself to them. And they would go walking, running, whatever. Those dogs dragged her all over and she fought them. It was a game. I marveled at her and asked exactly what was going on. She said it was a form of "dog aerobics".

I guess you did your version of "dog aerobics" this morning.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Hlarious! It reminded me of when I had a dog. People heard me talking to him thought I was talking to someone else.

He was blamed for everything I could possibly blame him for, and then some.

Thankfully, he never took it personally. But he was threatened and awful lot with dire consequences for his many infractions, real OR imagined.

I just had a picture of you swearing at your dog..... =3D^)

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41