Raspberry Pi Case

The MMG's were $500 when I bought mine a decade ago, but they've always been the low-end from Magnepan. The larger speakers, on the other hand...

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

Direct TV does that now, in home. Both audio and TV. It has been do-able over the Net with multi-casting and for the life of me I don't know why it was kept so limited. One signal that anyone had hook up to if they know where it's from. saves a lot of bandwidth instead of one stream to each individual user.

Like you, I have been considering getting one for a while, and the ver

3 is the hot ticket for wireless robots or whatever. Put an LED bar in the rear window and send text messages to the drivers behind you. ;)
Reply to
OFWW

Not something I'd try in Texas... lol

Reply to
Swingman

Swingman wrote in news:LOydnSPV2YozXmPLnZ2dnUU7- snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Why's that? Afraid an Aggie will pull up beside, roll down the window and ask you to read the message?

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

OFWW wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Time to quit thinking about it and separate yourself from about $50. You'll need a MicroSD card too.

The Pi 3 does come with integrated wireless, so there's $10 saved there.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

That might be a problem. My older RPi B+ (?) uses a USB wiki dongle, which can be changed fer a better dongle if yer current dongle is not very good. With the new RPi, yer stuck with the wifi it comes with. Hopefully, it comes with a good one.

For example, I passed on the official RPi mini dongle and got the better b/g/n thumb drive-sized dongle. OTOH, the RPi 3 has a better CPU. ;)

nb

Reply to
notbob

More likely some yankee transplant wanting to know if had the latest hockey scores.

Reply to
Swingman

Swingman wrote in news:zJSdnWfINMc2TmPLnZ2dnUU7-d snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

What good is it if it doesn't?

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

notbob wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net:

You should be able to disable the onboard wifi and use a USB dongle if you want to (which might be something you'd do if you put it in a metal case, since the onboard wifi antenna is soldered to the board and can't be moved).

However, one of the weaknesses of the Pi is that a lot of the low-level hardware stuff is not all that well documented, so it might take some work to figure out just how to do it.

John

Reply to
John McCoy

"Maggies"? You mean "electro-statics"?

Reply to
krw

Haven't you seen signs in the country and back woods - nation wide!

If it isn't the hunters shooting holes in signs to sight in, it is the drive by fun loving redneck that throws a bottle into it or shoots it next time.

Just don't ask for bullets or bottles.

Martin

Reply to
Martin Eastburn

Which class of card, I've got a bunch. I might just have a look tomorrow it there is no crowd, hate crowds.

And blue tooth, so my input devices should work.

shoot, so little time and so much to do. :(

Reply to
OFWW

OFWW wrote in news:p5p0gbpukr4u52sb26qt390r0ah9cekg8k@

4ax.com:

As fast as you can get, Class 10 I think is the current max.

AFAIK, Bluetooth isn't ready yet.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

I haven't had any trouble with Bluetooth in a few years (and I use it extensively, now). Before that, I would have agreed with you.

Reply to
krw

krw wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Oh, I meant the Bluetooth on the Pi 3. Ok, I did a little more looking and the current knowledge in one forum thread* suggests that Bluetooth support is there in Raspbian Jessie, but you may need to install a few things for a GUI interface.

You can safely ignore that statement above ("AFAIK, Bluetooth isn't ready yet.") and just do some reading if things don't work. (Linux--The OS that brought reading back to America's youth! lol)

Puckdropper

*
Just citing my source.
Reply to
Puckdropper

Ah, I misunderstood you incorrectly. Nevermind! ;-)

;-)

Reply to
krw

FYI - 'e.g.' is an abbreviation that means 'for example'.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

I know full well what 'e.g.' means. I don't know what it's an example of.

Reply to
krw