Raspberry Pi - Compliance Update

2000 Raspberry Pi's are now in the UK.You can see pictures of them leaving the factory in China here; http://www.raspberrypi.org / LOL

They don't even know if it can be sold in the EU or if the whole batch will have to be scrapped.
Back in the real world, increasingly it looks like RS and Farnell are attempting to sell vapourware.
--
Alan
news2009 admac myzen co uk

Had a message from Farnell yesterday saying that they are assisting with the CE testing and inviting me to place an order.
brass monkey wrote:

I got a quick fondle of one today, chap in the office who ordered his on day one, got it delivered this morning ...

Had mine for a couple of weeks now... Intersting little bit of kit! somewhat slower then I expected, but it's getting there. Fully functional as a little Linux box (with the addition of cabling, keyboard, mouse, etc.)
Gordon
On Thu, 10 May 2012 08:23:27 +0000 (UTC), Gordon Henderson

Lucky you. I ordered on day 1 but have been told end of June for delivery :-(
--
(\__/) M.
On Mon, 14 May 2012 16:47:36 +0100, Mark wrote:

Mine's coming tomorrow.
--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org
On 14/05/2012 18:36, Bob Eager wrote:

When did you order yours?
(I think mine was ordered at about 4pm on the 29th of Feb)
--
Cheers,

John.

On Mon, 14 May 2012 21:23:37 +0100, John Rumm wrote:

0830 on the first morning. There was a lull - I think everyone else was going to work!
--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Hmm.. I ordered mine around 10am on the first morning. Had an email from Farnell a while ago saying ETA of this week, heard nothing since.
When I saw your post I logged into onecall but can't see my order at all in the order history...
Wonder if my order has somehow vanished? :-/
Darren
On Tue, 15 May 2012 05:31:20 +0000, D.M.Chapman wrote:

MIne was actually delayed a few days because the credit card I used to order has since been cancelled (long story). But they phoned me last week for new details.
--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org
On Tue, 15 May 2012 05:31:20 +0000 (UTC), dmc@puffin. (D.M.Chapman) wrote:

Have they taken the money already, though?
MM

Not obviously.
Anyway, just gave them a ring and yes the order is still there (they don't know why I can't see it but I don't particularly care about that).
Just need to wait - might be this week \o/
Darren
On Wed, 16 May 2012 11:34:31 +0100, Mark wrote:

Mine is now here.
--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

You're probably an old-hand at this, but I put some initial setup hints here:
https://projects.drogon.net/raspberry-pi/initial-setup1 /
If your using the supplied Debian, then note that the password and group files are somewhat "creative" - an a pwck / grpck is suggested...
Gordon
On Wed, 16 May 2012 16:14:55 +0000, Gordon Henderson wrote:

Thanks...yes, UNIX user since 1975!
Won't be able to do much for a while as I have hundreds of Operating Systems exam scripts to mark...
--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Throw them down the stairs and assign them marks on the basis of which step they land on.
--
Today is Sweetmorn, the 63rd day of Discord in the YOLD 3178
"If there is anyone here who I have not insulted, I beg his

Cheers Gordon, very useful.
On 16/05/2012 17:14, Gordon Henderson wrote:

Handy set of notes, thanks.
--
Cheers,

John.