Question for Tom Watson

Tom,
I was just looking over your website and everything you do is a work of art. I have one question for you though. On the bar project, you have some curved moldings. How did you get the bead profile on those curves?

With a Williams and Hussey Molder/Planer.

Tom, wasn't that the one where you posted some pics of that setup and explained just how hair-raising it was?
--
Nahmie
On Wed, 7 Sep 2005 16:30:53 -0400, "Norman D. Crow"

I makes a bunch of noise, because it wants to cut the full profile in one pass, but it's not real scary.
Tom
And I have used my WoodMaster planer for the same type work
John

I think you are thinking of Tom Planman's description of a similar molding for a staircase.
Mark & Juanita wrote:

That was the one that involved using a shaper with a rub bearing and free handing around a corner, going up hill - just to make it interesting.
Just tried his site and got the error message Website for domain is closed.
charlie b

A dig on the domain works, but returns
www.plamann.com. 856 IN A 207.155.248.122 www.plamann.com. 856 IN A 207.155.252.9 www.plamann.com. 856 IN A 207.155.252.112 www.plamann.com. 856 IN A 207.155.252.14
ping www.plamann.com and it resolves to 207.155.252.14 and returns okay.
But if I do a traceroute I get:
"traceroute: Warning: www.plamann.com has multiple addresses; using 207.155.252.14"
Looks to me like something's florfed in Tom's DNS/hosting setup. I'm guessing he may have very recently changed providers/hosts? Just a guess, though.
djb
OT Movie recommendation: "De-Lovely". You should be old enough to know who Cole Porter is, but this is a remarkable film.
Dave Balderstone wrote:

Couldn't agree more. I watched this film and was really surprised at the how much I honestly enjoyed the story line, and how well the film was acted.
Something we don't see much of anymore.
Robert

Well, I KNEW it was ONE of the two "Toms" we all know so well.
--
Nahmie
Thanks Tom. I have a JET Planer/Molder and it will do curved moldings but I haven't bought the accessory for that.

D Steck wrote:

And he does do nice work...
I get enjoyment every time I look at Tom's stuff.
And others too...