Question for Tom Watson

Tom,

I was just looking over your website and everything you do is a work of art. I have one question for you though. On the bar project, you have some curved moldings. How did you get the bead profile on those curves?

Reply to
D Steck

With a Williams and Hussey Molder/Planer.

Tom Watson - WoodDorker tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (email)

(website)

Reply to
Tom Watson

Tom, wasn't that the one where you posted some pics of that setup and explained just how hair-raising it was?

Reply to
Norman D. Crow

I makes a bunch of noise, because it wants to cut the full profile in one pass, but it's not real scary.

Tom Watson - WoodDorker tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (email)

(website)

Reply to
Tom Watson

And he does do nice work...

I get enjoyment every time I look at Tom's stuff.

And others too...

--=20 Will R. Jewel Boxes and Wood Art

power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those=20 who have not got it.=94 George Bernard Shaw

Reply to
WillR

Thanks Tom. I have a JET Planer/Molder and it will do curved moldings but I haven't bought the accessory for that.

Simple solution to save money - stay away from curves!!!

Reply to
D Steck

I think you are thinking of Tom Planman's description of a similar molding for a staircase.

Mark & Juanita

That was the one that involved using a shaper with a rub bearing and free handing around a corner, going up hill - just to make it interesting.

Just tried his site and got the error message Website for domain is closed.

charlie b

Reply to
charlie b

A dig on the domain works, but returns

856 IN A 207.155.248.122
856 IN A 207.155.252.9
856 IN A 207.155.252.112
856 IN A 207.155.252.14

ping

and it resolves to 207.155.252.14 and returns okay.

But if I do a traceroute I get:

"traceroute: Warning:

has multiple addresses; using

207.155.252.14"

Looks to me like something's florfed in Tom's DNS/hosting setup. I'm guessing he may have very recently changed providers/hosts? Just a guess, though.

djb

OT Movie recommendation: "De-Lovely". You should be old enough to know who Cole Porter is, but this is a remarkable film.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Cole Porter is, but this is a remarkable film.

Reply to
nailshooter41

Tom

And I have used my WoodMaster planer for the same type work

John

Reply to
john

Well, I KNEW it was ONE of the two "Toms" we all know so well.

Reply to
Norman D. Crow