The Ballad of Tom Watson

When Tom Watson was a little baby

sittin' on his daddy's knee,

he picked up a hammer and a little piece of wood

said wood'll be the death of me

Lord, Lord

this wood'll be the death of me.

When Tom Watson's fam'ly needed money

said they didn't have but a dime,

"If you wait til my shop is warmed up

I'll get it from the hermans in town

Lord, Lord

I'll get it from the hermans in town."

So Tom Watson made a few cabinets

made 'em right square and fine,

and the hermans came round and give him their dough

he said I'ma gonna get mine

Lord, Lord

I'm gonna get a whole lot of coin.

But the big boss said to Tom Watson

we got us a Felder shop here.

Gonna bring us that Felder out on the job,

gonna whup those cabinets on down

Lord, Lord

gonna fire them boxes on down.

Well Tom Watson he said to the captain

oh a man ain't nothin' but a man

before I let that Felder beat me down

I'm gonna die with a Delta in my hand

Lord, Lord

gonna die with that Delta in my hand.

Well his shop man said to Tom Watson

I do believe the walls are cavin' in

Tom Watson said to his shop man, oh Lord,

it's only my Penn State drawin' dust

Lord, Lord

it's only my Penn State suckin' wind

Well the man who invented the Felder

thought he was mighty fine

Tom Watson sawed up 15 feet

and the Felder only did nine

Lord, Lord

the Felder only did nine.

Well Tom Watson sawed into the evenin'

Lie Valley was strikin' fire

he planed so hard he broke his poor heart

and he laid down his Starrett and he died

Lord, Lord

he laid down his Starrett and he died.

Well Tom Watson had a little woman

and her name was Polly Ann

she walked down the track, never looked back

Polly sawed wood like a man

Lord, Lord

Polly Ann sawed wood like a man.

The people took Tom Watson to the woodshop

and laid his body in the sand

And ev'ry wooddorker came weepin' by

sayin' there lies a wood workin' man

Lord, Lord

Yes there lies a wood workin' man.

Yes, there lies a wood workin' man

Lord, Lord

There lies a wood workin' man

Yeah there lies a wood workin' man

Lord God

there lies a wood workin' ma-ha-ha-haaaaaaan.

Reply to
Bob Schmall

Given my life to date, I sure as hell hope Feynman is right.

Charlie Self

"In the final choice a soldier's pack is not so heavy as a prisoner's chains." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Reply to
Charlie Self

Reply to
jo4hn

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 17:08:07 GMT, "Bob Schmall" brought forth from the murky depths:

THAT, sir, was weird. I had the blues station on with Keb Mo singing "You can love yourself" playing in the background while I "sung" that and guess what: IT WORKED!

Thanks for havin' ol' Keb sing it for me.

---------------------------------------------------- Thesaurus: Ancient reptile with excellent vocabulary

Dynamic Website Applications ====================================================

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On 10 Dec 2003 17:50:39 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme (Charlie Self) brought forth from the murky depths:

According to Kurt Vonnegut "We're put on this Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you otherwise."

---------------------------------------------------- Thesaurus: Ancient reptile with excellent vocabulary

Dynamic Website Applications ====================================================

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Larry Jaques responds:

Makes sense to me, especially after the last 3 days of intestinal disorder.

Charlie Self

"In the final choice a soldier's pack is not so heavy as a prisoner's chains." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Reply to
Charlie Self

Hey, that was supposed to be a secret!

Regards, Tom Thomas J. Watson-Cabinetmaker Gulph Mills, Pennsylvania

Tom Watson

You a blues hand? I like you.

Wedcomebeddymud.

"John Henry" Belafonte at Carnegie Hall, 1960 (?)

Bob

Reply to
Bob Schmall