I had a brain fart while looking through abpw today... Follow along if you
Tom Plamann does outstanding woodworking.
His office looks like a cathedral. (See abpw "shop office" 12/3/2005 6:52
Unfortunately he's too busy woodworking to update his web site as often as I
would like... ;-)
1. There are WRECKers who maintain great web sites, some professionally
2. Mr. Plamann does not update his web site as frequently as I wish he
would. Weekly (or daily) updates come to mind.
3. Web site maintenance can be outsourced.
4. I am willing to support said outsourced web site maintenance of Tom
Plamann's site the same amount as a magazine subscription. ($24 / year or
month.) Looking at his new postings gives me as much inspiration as an
issue of e.g. ShopNotes or Wood.
The Idea (brain fart):
Tom Plamann's site is (one time or (the best case) frequently) updated, to
the benefit of all woodworkers, by:
- Site maintenance outsourced to an expert, hopefully a woodworker, and
- $upported by contribution$ of interested WRECKer$.
Questions for the WRECK.
1. Who i$ willing to join me in $upporting update$ to Tom'$ web $ite?
2. Are there web-expert WRECKers willing to maintain Tom's site?
I have not emailed Mr. Plamann but I assume he would not be opposed to more
frequent updates of his web site.