Tom tom

Have an early one, and the battery doesn't last for long. Before I even bother trying to get inside it, can they be replaced?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Dunno - but is it really a problem? Presumably you run it off the car's

12v system. Have you got a mains adaptor to use when doing off-line route planning?
Reply to
Roger Mills

They can be replaced by tomtom, I had one done under warranty. I don't know what size it is to see if they are on ebay. IIRC you need a torx screwdriver to take the back off before you can unplug the battery pack.

I use a maplin usb battery pack to power mine as frequent stops and turning the engine on and off doesn't do the batteries much good.

Reply to
dennis

I'd not be asking if it wasn't a problem.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Skipweasel

Try looking on youtube. Lots of videos showing you how to replace tomtom batteries.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

I have heard that the guys at TomTom are very good at replacing units FOC when they are returned for service.

Baz.

Reply to
Baz

They did with mine, but I had the receipt after 3 or 4 years.

Reply to
Onetap

I have used your 'noise' email address to send you instructions on how I changed mine. Mail me back after removing your hat if you don't get it.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Now received, Bob, thanks.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Ain't you heard of Percussive Maintenance?

Reply to
Skipweasel

Dave ... try Youtube , loads of videos on how to change batteries on all sorts of things ...

Reply to
Rick Hughes