Flomaster Triton Expansion Vessel replacement

I've got a Flomaster Triton unvented cylinder and it appears that the membrane in the expansion vessel has ruptured as water comes out of the pressure valve on top if I press the central pin.

I've found a replacement 12L expansion vessel here

can't seem to find any instructions covering the replacement - most instructions are for expansion vessels connected to a different model of flomaster cylinder by a flexible hose from a connector on the side of the cylinder, whereas the expansion vessel on mine is connected directly to the top of the cylinder with the expansion vessel very closely coupled to the cylinder - see the picture tab in the link above

Does anyone know the procedure for removing and replacing the expansion vessel on this type of cylinder?

Thanks

Perry

Reply to
Perry (News)

Is there any reason to suppose it's different: do you not just have to depressurise the system and simply unscrew the vessel?

(NB - only floating a suggestion; don't blame me if you try it and it breaks!)

David

Reply to
Lobster

On Mon, 04 Apr 2011 19:24:44 +0100, Lobster waxed lyrical about:

That's what I'm not sure of...

From the pictures it appears that the pipe at the bottom of the vessel is threaded so I wondered if the procedure is simply

- depressurise system by running off water

- twist off existing expansion vessel

- replace with new vessel

- refill

But I've never replaced an expansion vessel before so I wondered if there were any additional steps that I'm missing e.g.

- should the threads be sealed with ptfe tape

- is there any process for bleeding air from the top of the cylinder or the expansion vessel as the cylinder refills

- anything else I'm too stupid to think of...

Perry

Reply to
Perry (News)