Quality Bandsaw Blades?

Page 2 of 2
Tim, I'm sure no one agrees with me but I use Grizzly blades as I never had a problem with them. I have the G1073 16" saw, 113" blades.Been using this saw about 4 or 5 years, broke two blades so far. I sharpen the blades with 4 teeth per inch or less, get a lot of milage out of them. Very easy to do with a Dremel tool and chainsaw grinding wheel. I use the 3/16" cylinder shaped wheel. mike
snipped-for-privacy@netzero.com wrote:

Yes, I advise any bandsawer to look into using a dremel and chainsaw grindstone. I do the same as you to my Timberwolfs and get quite a life out of them. One could even reset the teeth but I've never gone that far.
____

On 8 Feb 2005 08:15:40 -0800, "gator_garage_woodshop"

Olsen for day to day use. Best bang for the buck that I've found. Highland Hardware Woodslicer for critical resaw use. Sharp and incredibly smooth, but pricey.
(Timberwolf, IMO, is overrated and overpriced.)
Published e-mail address is for spam collection only. If e-mailing me, use jc631 at optonline dot net
-- jc

Timberwolf is overpriced trash!
I've bought a few of the industrial and Silicon blades - so far so good. Plus good advice on blade choices and saw set up.
http://www.tufftooth.com /
The owner works the trade shows in Canada on a regular basis.
I am using the King industrial bandsaw KC-1433FX - with bearing guides. Probably a close match to your saw.
gator_garage_woodshop wrote:

--
Will
Occasional Techno-geek