hi - new member - test post

hi,

this is just a post to say hello and to test my first post here to make sure it works, o.k.

thanks.

Reply to
rick

Works fine ... welcome to the wREC, Rick!

Reply to
Swingman

So far so good.

Welcome to da zoo, aka the wreck/rec/wrec.

You got questions? Answers? Opinions? If so you'll fit right in.

You may see terms/acronyms like DAGS (do a goodle search) SWMBO (She Who Must Be Obeyed) BLO (boiled linseed oil) DAMHIKT (Don't Ask Me How I Know This - usually meaning "though I don't wish to formally admit it, I did the previously described screw up) PC (not Politically Correct, but rather Porter Cable) CMS or SCMS (compound miter saw, sliding compound miter saw) PLONK (the sound of a fishing lure hitting the water, describing a post as probably being a troll for reactions - typical post of this sort are inflamatory in nature, meant to get folks riled up)

Though less prevalent now, you may find someone correcting your grammar and / or spelling. Ignore it unless your grammar or spelling is so bad that your idea doesn't get through.

Youll encounter words that are recognizable but spelled differently - it's a Euro/Brtish thing - miter /mitre for example. Fortunately "schedule" doesn't have to be pronounced or the Brits would stand out clearly (shed - duooll).

What are you woodoworking interests? How long ago did you become "afflicted"?

Are you a Normite or a Follower of Roy / a user of "tailed tools" (power tools) or "untailed tools" (hand tools)?

If you were a tree, what kind of tree would you be?

charlie b

Reply to
charlie b

Welcome! Finally a guy with a shop smaller than mine. *S*

Waitasec...you're bearded...bearded people usually have something to hide... but you're Kanuckistani, so we'll let you live.

Btw.. the are a lot of very knowledgeable folks in here so many questions have been dealt with in the past. A very useful link to search for that is here:

have a good time, eh?

Robatoy

I always thought of it as the sound a post makes as it falls into the bilgewater at the bottom of one's killfile.

If a reader is fed up with the antics of a particular troll, he may toss said troll's moniker into the killfile. *plonk*.

er

Reply to
Enoch Root

hi all,

thanks for the welcome, eh??? and also, thanks for explanation of the acronyms - there were definitely a few new ones in there i didn't know about it. glad you let 'bearded' guys live - even if they are canucks

- always good to know!!!

Reply to
rickd

On 4/29/2006 11:53 AM Enoch Root mumbled something about the following:

Umm, I thought that sound was PLOINK

Reply to
Odinn