proformax dru sanding machine

I recently bought the smaller verison of preformax sander sanding drum 10-20 machine - $499 -i am having serious tracking problems -the guides seem to anti productive- The overload switch seems to be very critical-but mostly the tracking of the converor belt is causing cocncerns - the machine has shredded the sides and the seams on the belt has began to come apart- has anyone else had these concerns - i may have tightened the tracking screws too tight but don't think so - Before the warranty runs out I am considering take it back and buying the largest model .any experince with this 10-20 model wold be appreciated .thanks

seem
mostly
has
too
take
wold
Have you talked to customer support? They are pretty good at sorting things out or making a defect right for you.
Bob
I second the "call Jet tech support. I have the 16-32 model and had some intial problems. When I called the tech support fellow he was very helpful and sent out a replacement part.
I also had tracking problems with my belt. I spent a lot of time re-calibrating the rubber drive end to ensure it was parallel to the bed. As delivered it was slightly out of parallel.
This helped my problem but I still had tracking problems which required a frequently release tension, move belt to the other side and re-tension.
I eventually replaced the belt with a new one and the problem is now corrected. A bad belt/alignment could be your problem.
I personally try to keep my belt reasonably tight, but not too tight. My unit does not have problems with the overload switch, but I can trip my breaker if I attempt to take too much in one pass from a wide board.
Dave Paine.

drum
screws
considering