Ping - Bill, in Indiana

Bill, are you in Indianapolis? If so, can I ask for a possible favor?
Re: http://cgi.ebay.com/Vise-Woodworker-bench-vises-wilton-columbian-/270689421115?pt=Clamps_Vises&hash=item3f0658c73b
I would ask of you to go check out these Wilton/Columbian vises and get 2 for me, to be mailed to me. Seems this seller has several, at $69 for a pair (buy-it-now price!), and this is a good price for a pair of Wilton vises of this size. You select the ones you want, so select the best looking, largest ones.... I would trust your selection judgement. They are local pickup, only. I'm hoping 2 nice ones are still available.
If this is possible, contact me for arrangements, etc. at: cedarsonny at aol dot com. If not possible, that's anyway.
Sonny
Sonny wrote:

I'm sure these came from the Indianapolis Public School auction that was held this month. They were all 6" vises, appeared well-used, and they did appear to be all made by Wilton--I can't confirm the "Columbian" part. The auction sold dozens of them. I will email you.
Bill

Not necessarily -- if this is a guy over near Pleasant Run Parkway, he's been going to school auctions all over Indiana.
This is a sad indicator of the status of Industrial Ed -- it's gone. The VoTech schools are only interested in teaching Net+, etc., with a few Robotics programs thrown in, and possibly Automotive Service Technology or Collision Repair.
Want that welding technology program that would put you in a $90K job staright out of high school? Forget that, too.
Steve wrote:

    Yep, I was just making a WAG based upon several dozen of those vises I saw auctioned earlier this month. Even if the seller bought them at another school district, it still tells Sonny something about the way they were used.

    Yep, there are a lot of things that are going, or gone. Visit irsauctions.com to see who is liquidating a factory this week. Scary stuff.

On 6/24/2011 10:40 PM, Bill wrote:

What's scary is that it is the government (IRS) doing the liquidating.
(I've often considered that I should devote my old age to organized revolution, but, on second thought, the culture is simply too collectively stupid. Better to late nature take it's course, and learn to speak Chinese).
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
Swingman wrote:

No, it isn't; "IRS" is Industrial Recovery Services. They have nothing whatsoever to do w/ the other IRS.
On 6/25/2011 8:32 AM, dpb wrote:

But this one does:
http://www.treasury.gov/auctions/irs /
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

Yeah? Ever notice how in the space movies set in the future, -all- of them have people speaking Chinese at some point as one of the galactic standard languages? Scary, innit?
-- Invest in America: Buy a CONgresscritter today!
no never. can you sight a couple? <snip>

Sonny wrote:

Sonny, It looks like the seller dropped the price (to $30 each):
http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/tls/2450916319.html
Contact me off-list if I may be of help.
Bill
and this is a good price for a