Ping Bill

Do not respond in email, it is a trap a spam trap and your responses will be treat as such. Which in enough time will get your address on spam blacklists.

Reply to
Markem

Thanks for the heads-up. My updated version of Thunderbird does not seem to be behaving like the old. I have to figure out what the new problem is.

Reply to
Bill

I figured it out, I think. The new incarnation of Thunderbird substituted the "Reply To Group" button with a "Forward" button. "Reply" replies by email. Maybe that will help someone.

Reply to
Bill

Hadn't noticed that, but mainly because I mostly lurk. Thanks for the "heads up". The "Followup" button sends your reply to the newsgroup.

Matt

Reply to
Matt

Yes, thank you!

Reply to
Bill

I only use Thunderbird for newsgroups, I prefer a different app for my email, I customize the toolbar with previous and next buttons fo skipping to the next unread post, and delete the buttons related to email. I don't even set up any email accounts within TB so there is no chance of my accidentally emailing anyone.

Reply to
FrozenNorth

That is smart! The more email accounts you acquire, the more complicated it gets! %-)

I like your idea of customizing the toolbar. I'll look into that.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

Don't click the icon, simply right click the post and select "Followup to Newsgroup".

Reply to
Leon