Ping - Bill in Indy

I don't think it's quite what you're looking for, but there's an older tabl e saw, looks like a contractor's saw, coming up for auction on Wednesday, M arch 6th, that might be of interest, until you can find exactly what you wa nt. Mid week auction, this saw might sell at an inexpensive price. I doub t it's 3 phase.

"Market Day Auction Event"

6&txtSearchKeywords=

On the photo gallery, page down about 2/3 the way, on the left edge/column

-

There are 2 table saws, but the other one is definitely not what you've exp ressed you want, even temporarily.

Also, on Friday, Mar 8th, if you fancy old hand tools (for shop decor?), th ere's the "Auction By The Lake", in Cicero, with a few -

8&txtSearchKeywords=

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

saw, looks like a contractor's saw, coming up for auction on Wednesday, March

6th, that might be of interest, until you can find exactly what you want. Mid week auction, this saw might sell at an inexpensive price. I doubt it's 3 phase.

expressed you want, even temporarily.

there's the "Auction By The Lake", in Cicero, with a few -

Thank you, Sonny!

I can stop by the first one in person today at take a look!

Bill

Reply to
Bill

Sonny, Thank you again for the link, but the reality didn't live up to the picture. The table was solid if heavy with rust, but the fence was "shot" and the stand was wobbly. If using C-clamps to clamp your own piece of wood to use for a fence would be acceptable, then the saw would probably work (needs a belt and has no modern saftety feature like a blade protector or riving knife). But then so will my circular saw. I still appreciate your sending the link; it was fun to go take a look and kick the tires. It was probably a 250 pound saw. I noticed that Sears has a similar one for $599. I used my Rockler 20%-off coupon to buy a dado-set last week, so I've got that covered now. Grizzly appears proud of their anniversary, I'd live to see them run another sale, like they did over the holidays. I hope you are doing well!

Bill

Reply to
Bill