OT Yes the creep keeps rising and you cannot stop it

Page 4 of 4
snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

At least in Indianapolis, these are supposed to be mostly electric cars. $35 millionto set it up, so there should be at least something to see.

Well if these vehicles were gasoline, there should be about 2300 units. But then you need the specialized charging stations in tons of locations.
On another note, Houston added rail for mass transit 10+ years ago, it was all political and a hot bed for controversy. For the first year there was a vehicle collision with the train, on average, every day. It was always the other guys fault, I think that is because the train is always in the right, right or wrong. Mysteriously the accidents are no longer breaking news and you very seldom hear of an accident these days. I suspect that this is because the daily occourance became boring to report on or the city maybe suggested that not so much attention be paid to the problem.
An interesting note, one of the news sources determined that the rail system cost so much money that it would have been less expensive to have purchased a Ferrari for each rider.
I wonder how many vehicles $35,000,000 puts in service and or if Ferrari's would be less expensive. I wonder how many
Leon wrote:

As you mentioned, the $35 million includes setting up charging stations, etc. It seem that it's the taxi-cab business that should be most concerned.
Somebody wrote:

Hertz just announced that in the major markets they will be offering a Tesla for $500/day.
Assume that includes the $0.00/gal refuel charge.
Lew

He'll it should include a day at the Spa!
On Fri, 27 Sep 2013 22:08:13 -0700, "Lew Hodgett"

Oh, wonderful. I can get a standard sized car for about 1/20th that and drive it as far as I want.

Does it have to be returned fully charged?

But it's for the children!

I just noticed that Enterprise Leasing is offering basically the same type rental in Houston. I have never noticed that ad in the past.

I guess there were rental options. I could have bought a whole tank of gas for $3.50/gallon or paid for them to fill it at $5.00 per gallon. Neither made any sense (and are specifically discouraged by accounting).
wrote in message wrote:

Self-driving cars, or some subset of such, is a definite possibility. Mass transit, not a chance. No one wants it and there is no money to pay for it if they did. =======================================================================Seattle mass transit, they say, has record ridership but according to the politicos, they are going to have to raise taxes on everyone to keep it running. Now that's an efficient system. The plan is to raise vehicle license rate so those of us that don't use the public system get to pay for it.

with a 3.8L V6, Vega/Pinto sized car. 110 HP. I got 25 mpg on the highway, top speed around 95 mph
In August of last year I bought my wife a 2012 Camry SE with 3.5L V6, 268 HP and pretty much loaded. Top speed is supposed to be about 130 governor limited, nope I have not seen this but don't doubt the capability.
This past spring we took a few days off with come close friends, 4 of us, on a 2 night away trip. The trunk was full of luggage.
Shortly after getting to highway speed, which I maintained with cruise control for 1 hour, I zeroed the computer and after 1 hour of driving we stopped for a break. Actually not really a break but the women saw a store 6 miles down the road and we were going to stop, IYKWIM. We went 72 miles in that hour and used 2 gallons of gas.
In town driving we average 26 MPG.
Leon wrote:
snip 8><
Well, I may be a creep but nothing is rising.
--
 GW Ross

 I didn't fight my way to the top of