OT: What is the right choice of beer for watching the Superbowl?

Page 3 of 3
Lew Hodgett wrote:

Came to Pittsburgh to go to school and I stayed. Took me years before I could drink Iron City and it's *still* the only beer I know that tastes better in a can than it does in a bottle.
When money's no object, my current favorite is Stella Artois.

I prefer Guinness but can usually only handle three before I pass out. http://tinyurl.com/yfs6nze

Spatenbrau, my friend (missing the umlauts, and I have no idea where to find them on the keyboard). One of the seven great beers of Munich (Munchen, also missing its umlauts). An Oktoberfest in Munich is a lifetime peak experience.
Tom Dacon

Munchener Hoffbrau by the liter. I earned my wings.
On 2/5/2010 9:50 PM, Robatoy wrote:

Oh lord yes! Brings back memories of summers of "Volkfests" in those little Bavarian country towns.
Problem is, I quit drinking beer when I quit smoking 19 years ago. Leon got me to drink a Fosters not that long ago and I wanted a cigarette so bad I kept reaching in my pocket for a zippo.
Pavlov's dog, old and grey ...
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

No wonder you managed to stay away from that cigarette as Fosters isn't even beer.
On Fri, 5 Feb 2010 19:40:54 -0800, "Tom Dacon"

As are "missing" weekends in Vegas, Cabo, hell, even Tuijuana.
I think.
-Zz
On Fri, 05 Feb 2010 18:02:22 -0500, Robatoy

I love a good strong beer. Stroh's is my absolute favorite--not available in the south and I dislike the lites or watery beers most Americans prefer.

Are the Yankee's in it this year?
Robatoy wrote:

Spaten is *excellent* either alone or with a friend...
Good beer distributor/retailer should have it.