OT: What is the right choice of beer for watching the Superbowl?

Reply to
Steve Turner

Possible.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

.... and you would pass up the opportunity to tap that, eh?

Reply to
Robatoy

.... and you would pass up the opportunity to tap that, eh?

What I would choose to do is not relevant.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

As are "missing" weekends in Vegas, Cabo, hell, even Tuijuana.

I think.

-Zz

Reply to
Zz Yzx

I saw their BOCK on the shelf at Kroger.

Reply to
Dave In Texas

On 2/5/2010 4:15 PM Larry Blanchard spake thus:

As boring as baseball?

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

Oh lord yes! Brings back memories of summers of "Volkfests" in those little Bavarian country towns.

Problem is, I quit drinking beer when I quit smoking 19 years ago. Leon got me to drink a Fosters not that long ago and I wanted a cigarette so bad I kept reaching in my pocket for a zippo.

Pavlov's dog, old and grey ...

Reply to
Swingman

St. Arnolds makes darn good beer. I like their IPA best of the regular flavors. That was my benchmark for homebrew IPA's. I never have gotten it quite right in over a dozen tries. Close, but no cigar.

Randalls out here (359 & Plantation) in Richmond still has some of the Christmas Ale in the store. I bought a case earlier to stock the garage fridge for SWMBO. She only sips one or two a month on special occasions, but it still tastes fresh for at least a year if kept cold and in the dark.

Reply to
Roy

Hmmmph! Not unless it's dark - Black Butte, Moose Drool, Guiness, even Newcastle or Dos Equis dark if I'm desparate.

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

--------------------------- Picky Picky.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Every try Old Rasputin?

Reply to
J. Clarke

I love this one:

"Tempered over burning witches!"

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

----------------------------------------- Back in the days of old, there was Iron City Beer from Pittsburgh.

At Christmas time, they offered "Old Frothingslosh", the pale stale ale with the foam on the bottom.

Even had a group of young ladies who vied for the title of "Miss Frothingslosh."

Her picture, in full dress, was on the label.

Typically, she had a girth that exceeded her height.

Stuff still tasted like Iron City, but what the heck.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

On Fri, 5 Feb 2010 17:48:22 -0800 (PST), the infamous Robatoy scrawled the following:

That sweet little blonde on the right is delicious, though a bit overendowed. A little breast reduction surgery would fix her right up, but I'd eat it at any size.

-- Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will. -- George Bernard Shaw

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Fri, 5 Feb 2010 15:32:16 -0800, the infamous "CW" scrawled the following:

Ditto, but I'd love to indulge in some of those fans. (After they brush their teeth and take breath mints.)

-- Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will. -- George Bernard Shaw

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Fri, 05 Feb 2010 23:48:03 -0800, the infamous David Nebenzahl scrawled the following:

Not a CHANCE IN HELL of that. My dear old mother put baseball into these words when she was about 75: "All is see are men standing around, spitting that brown chaw spit, and scratching themselves for hours." As you see, she's not a fan, either.

-- Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will. -- George Bernard Shaw

Reply to
Larry Jaques

available in the south and I dislike the lites or watery beers most Americans prefer.

Reply to
Phisherman

Reply to
Leon

No wonder you managed to stay away from that cigarette as Fosters isn't even beer.

Reply to
Robatoy