OT visa MC refused in Holland no chip

Page 2 of 2

I can get you a cheap one. Just send me your ...
--
Best regards
Han
On 2/15/12 12:10 PM, Robatoy wrote:

Like
--

-MIKE-

Thinking of another thread and the need for control of dangerous credit cards, like the one my estranged wife uses, I propose a new invention that, unlike its inspriation, will surely have few objections from the esteemed readers of this newsgroupr. May I present for your consideration:
*** THE CREDIT CARD STOP! ****

On Thu, 16 Feb 2012 00:13:34 +0000 (UTC), snipped-for-privacy@sdf.lNoOnSePsAtMar.org (Larry W) wrote:

Two possible answers: Bwahahahahahaha! or Any table/jig/circ/recip saw or pair of scissors will work for that.
-- Fear not those who argue but those who dodge. -- Marie Ebner von Eschenbach
On Wed, 15 Feb 2012 10:10:40 -0800 (PST), Robatoy

Yeah. Just call them and give them your credit card number and security code. They'll do the rest!
-- Fear not those who argue but those who dodge. -- Marie Ebner von Eschenbach

Be sure to buy Faraday cage card cases for them before you go out. http://tinyurl.com/6o5x25z 93 hits on eBay. Passport covers and wallet inserts are available, too.
People are walking around with card scanners just waiting for fresh cards. I even saw that in a movie recently.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmajlKJlT3U
Like this.
-- Fear not those who argue but those who dodge. -- Marie Ebner von Eschenbach

Just wrap the card in some aluminium foil. Make sure to seal it on all edges (oragami masters may make a fancy case) so the radio signals can't get out.
I haven't tested it (I refuse to use the "Blink" ''feature'' of my card), but it should work.
Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.

You or somebody else is getting confused with RFID tags which are read remotely. These have gold contact pads which make contact with contacts in the machine - like an SD or other memory card.
--
Stuart Winsor

Only plain text for emails

Bing!! We have a winner!! No RFID here.
--
Best regards
Han

Oh! I hadn't even seen those before. http://tinyurl.com/8ytc9lc or http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/21/new-chase-credit-card-wit_n_1106176.html The Puffington Host finally broke the story here last November, I guess.
-- Fear not those who argue but those who dodge. -- Marie Ebner von Eschenbach

No need to feel persecuted, France changed to chipped cards before the UK did (over 5 years ago) and I remember having to phone my bank for a chipped card after my son told me of the problems he had had there.