Chip in shower tray

Just found a small chip in the surface of the ceramic shower tray I've fitted. Can't remember doing anything to cause it but it's there anyway.
What can I do to prevent it discolouring or worsening?
There, now, no expletives!!!

On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 23:55:19 +0000, F wrote:

Bit or Araldite? There's a type for ceramic repair that's supposed to dry clear rather than slightly yellowish which may be better.
On 16/02/2006 00:49 John Stumbles wrote:

I know what Araldite is, but 'Bit'?

On 16/02/2006 00:49 John Stumbles wrote:

Is the Araldite their adhesive or a special repair product? I can only find Araldite adhesive.
Still don't know what 'Bit' is.

On 24/02/2006 11:15 F wrote:

Anyone?

Put it in the fridge till you have enough to go with your fish.

1. Take it back to the shop and say it was chipped when you unpacked it.
-or-
2. See if your credit card has any sort of insurance facility.
-or-
3. Paint the chip with bath enamel.
sponix
On 16/02/2006 11:01 Sponix wrote:

I've had it 10 months - summer intervened!

It doesn't

Now I've had a look in daylight, it seems to be part way through the white surface coating and not into the base material. Does it need a repair?

I know what it's like..

How about your house insurance policy? Maybe it's covered?

Personally I would cover it with something as there may be an invisible hairline crack that goes through the surface that could let in water over time.
sponix
On 16/02/2006 14:37 Sponix wrote:

I've had a suggestion that some of the white sealant I'm about to use to seal the junction of the wall tiles and the tray would do the job.
Possible?

On 18/02/2006 14:24 F wrote:

Anyone?

Eat in the dining room in future?