Chip in shower tray

Just found a small chip in the surface of the ceramic shower tray I've fitted. Can't remember doing anything to cause it but it's there anyway.

What can I do to prevent it discolouring or worsening?

There, now, no expletives!!!

Bit or Araldite? There's a type for ceramic repair that's supposed to dry clear rather than slightly yellowish which may be better.

Reply to
John Stumbles

Put it in the fridge till you have enough to go with your fish.

Reply to
Bob Martin

  1. Take it back to the shop and say it was chipped when you unpacked it.

-or-

  1. See if your credit card has any sort of insurance facility.

-or-

  1. Paint the chip with bath enamel.

sponix

Reply to
Sponix

I know what Araldite is, but 'Bit'?

I've had it 10 months - summer intervened!

It doesn't

Now I've had a look in daylight, it seems to be part way through the white surface coating and not into the base material. Does it need a repair?

I know what it's like..

How about your house insurance policy? Maybe it's covered?

Personally I would cover it with something as there may be an invisible hairline crack that goes through the surface that could let in water over time.

sponix

Reply to
Sponix

Eat in the dining room in future?

:-)

Reply to
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

I've had a suggestion that some of the white sealant I'm about to use to seal the junction of the wall tiles and the tray would do the job.

Possible?

Is the Araldite their adhesive or a special repair product? I can only find Araldite adhesive.

Still don't know what 'Bit' is.

Anyone?

Anyone?