Porcelain Bathtub Chip Repair

Hi,

I have some chipped areas in my tub (white). I have tried Porc-A-Fix but it turns slightly brown after it dries. I have also tried the epoxy repair stuff that seems to have good color retention, but turns somewhat lumpy (they claim "self-leveling") on vertical surfaces. This is driving me nuts. Am I doing something wrong? At this point, I want to just build up the chipped areas with Porc-A-Fix, sand them smooth, mask them off, and paint to match. These are relatively small, discontiguous areas. Any advice on the best way to go short of a total re-glazing would be very much appreciated.

TIA, James

Reply to
James Harvey

Scrub it with Pure alcohol, then dry then use bleach then go

Reply to
m Ransley