OT: Kentucky Loser

Page 2 of 3
On Sat, 27 Feb 2010 17:01:49 -0800 (PST), GarageWoodworks

Coming from you that's a complement!

One color that goes particularly well with another?
What an odd thing to say....

Can we expect any more from a dork that idolizes Alf? Please...

Semi-literate, too.

Quite a nice statement of ideology and belief.
But -- deep within it -- exist a lot of assumptions.
Why not ... humor a very few of us, and ... go ahead and back them up.
Data ... sources ... you know.
Thanks!
"Gordon Shumway" wrote:
--------------------------------

Spoken like a truly pathetic bigot.
Unemployment payments come from unemployment insurance funds and are not a handout.
Perhaps you would care to share with us where the jobs you state are available per your quote below.
"There are plenty of jobs available for those willing to work".
Not only the unemployed would like to know, but a lot of government officials lives would easier if the unemployment problem were solved.
------------------------------------- "why should I work when

You best your sweet ass the unemployed want to goof off and get more while they loose the health insurance, can't pay the mortgage and hope like hell no one gets sick and has to see a doctor they can't afford to pay or buy the drugs needed for a love one at inflated prices because they no longer have health insurance.
Yes Gordon, you are a pathetic little bigot.
Lew

Excuse me, but ... all due respect ... you're muscling into my turf ;-)
Ah, well. You were clearly here first, and probably have a *lengthy* history with this particular one ;-)
Lew Hodgett wrote:

If that is the case, then why is the federal government allocating funds to make unemployment payments? Shouldn't those funds be there from the unemployment insurance?
... snip

Rob Leatham

They were when the rate was <6% and typical worker found a new job after a couple of months. At 10% and longer times colleting, the funds are long gone in most states.

maybe so. Does that mean the insurance shouldn't be paid out to a person who just lost their job (because the $$ is gone?)
shelly

Hey, now... Gordon's just making a simple mistake - he's thinking WELFARE, not unemployment. It's the same argument, really :) I wonder what he'd like the government to spend the unemployment insurance money on?
shelly
On Sun, 28 Feb 2010 17:54:46 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@stny.rr.com wrote:

No, I made no mistake. The well is dry and the only way to replenish it at the rate and duration it is being paid out is with tax dollars. In my opinion there should be no unemployment compensation at all. You and the employer shouldn't be required to pay. You keep what you earn. Unfortunately the politicians would have no way to get their piece of it so that will never happen.
On 02/28/2010 09:40 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:

into an employment insurance fund until it is fully funded, when the fund drops to a certain level the the fee kicks in and you pay it until the fund is full and any money borrowed to keep it afloat in bad periods of unemployment is paid back, sure it is a complusory fee but It hasn't showed up on payroll anytime since the mid eighties and is not being collected even now.
basilsik

In Illinois the employee pays a fixed percentage into the unemployment fund and the employer also pays a fixed percentage. This fee is paid in all economic conditions in every pay period. It would not be possible for someone to ever get out what they have paid in.
Apparently living in a Republican state has even more advantages that we don't have in a Democratic state.

Glad you've had continued employment. But, should you lose your job, I trust you'll not take the handout.

I am retired now. I have paid into that fund my entire life. Someone else has gotten the money that I worked hard for. If I had the money I paid into the fund it would be worth tens of thousands of dollars.
Having said that I could have retired a few years earlier if I didn't have to support some Democrat.

Waaaah! Suck it up tough guy.
On Tue, 2 Mar 2010 09:14:30 -0800 (PST), GarageWoodworks

Is that another compliment?

Are you collecting the social security hand-out?
On Tue, 2 Mar 2010 09:35:09 -0800 (PST), GarageWoodworks

You need to understand that it isn't a handout. The tax we all must pay for SSI is worse even than the payment for unemployment -- you will never get out of it what you paid in to it either. If the people were allowed to invest that money on their own we would be far better off. After we die that investment would still be there for your family. All that you paid in to SSI evaporates upon your death.
To answer your question, no, I won't be eligible for six more years.