kentucky salad tongs

My sister-in-law has asked me to make her a pair of Kentucky salad tongs - they fold flat and use a brass pin. I can't find plans using Google, but swear I some a plan in some recent woodworking magazine. Any help?

Reply to
Thomas Satrom

gimp

I made several dozen of these for Christmas gifts. All out of white oak... tried cherry... nice but doesn't have the "spring". The hardest part was getting the hole for the pin aligned. I gang-cut the outlines on the band saw, and gang-cut the slots (again on the band saw). Some salad bowl finish and let 'em dry. SWMBO put them away with the turned pens... something for the ladies... something for the guys,,, and Christmas shopping is almost done... except for the bling-bling that I'll have to spring for!!!

Reply to
Don Sforza

She's already got Arkansas salad tongs. One attached to each wrist. ;-)

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Craig