Looking for Coffee Table Ideas.

I'm making my daughter a coffee table for her new house and would like some ideas or designs if possible. It's going to be around 50" by 30" but these are not hard numbers at this point. I was going to do it using walnut. Thanks

Reply to
Keith

| I'm making my daughter a coffee table for her new house and would | like some ideas or designs if possible. | It's going to be around 50" by 30" but these are not hard numbers | at this point. I was going to do it using walnut.

Ok. I suggest rectangular, oval, or free-form top.

(You might at least tell us something about the rest of the room, how the table will actually be used, how much time you want to spend on it, ...)

Morris Dovey

Also 1,3, 4, 5 or 6 legs depending on size and shape.

DAGS on "coffee table" and have fun - lot's of good pictures;

Reply to
Vic Baron

Use a hand saw, table saw, or band saw for most of the cuts.

Reply to
darkon

Looking at 4 legs and using rectangular size 30" width and around 50" across. Time is 2-3 weeks. The decor for the rest of the room is what ever people have given them. They have only be married a year now so style is open but I was leaning toward mission style. I was also looking at putting a shelf in and no drawers.

They wanted a shelf so

Keith wrote:

Reply to
Keith

| Looking at 4 legs and using rectangular size 30" width and around | 50" across. Time is 2-3 weeks. The decor for the rest of the room | is what ever people have given them. They have only be married a | year now so style is open but I was leaning toward mission style. I | was also looking at putting a shelf in and no drawers.

Good choice (I happen to really like mission furniture)

Try this link:

find a bunch of references. One of 'em should get you started. If you drop the "free" you'll get even more choices.

If you have difficulties along the way, this is a good place to get specific kinds of help.

Morris Dovey

DJ Delorie

There's a great book on coffee tables by some guy named Kramer.

B.

Reply to
Buddy Matlosz

Check out this beast! A pop up mechanism that will make a cool dining/coffee table. I have one of these, and haven't got it built yet. SWMBO says I have to get rolling on it right after the x-mas presents are done. :-) Good Luck Lyndell

Reply to
Lyndell Thompson

WOW! I hope they have a big living room.

Here's one I made for my living room. It's about 24 x 36.

Doug Miller

Here's the coffee table I designed and built

have removable tiles which are just held in by gravity. It allows you to change the appearance AND to put drinks on it without coasters.

Reply to
Larry Bud

is a nice coffee table plan, combining old and new styling. I've had many opportunities to either reproduce it, or sell this one ... so far successfully resisted.

Reply to
Swingman

That's one gorgeous piece of design and execution, Larry ... worthy of a spot in FWW.

Reply to
Swingman

Tue, Dec 6, 2005, 11:14am snipped-for-privacy@1usenet.net (Keith) did say: I'm making my daughter a coffee table for her new house and would like some ideas or designs if possible. It's going to be around 50" by 30" but these are not hard numbers at this point. I was going to do it using walnut. Thanks

You google "first", and "then" you ask for help if you can find what you want.

GOOGLE

I've been looking (with google) for a suitable coffee table design for at least six months. Found a LOT I liked, including a lot of free plans. Ran across this one a little bit back, and it's pretty well what I wanted. Of course, I don't intend to buy the plans, and I'll change a few of the details, height, legs, and so on. Except for that, it'll be an exact copy.

You might want to try google.

JOAT A rolling stone gathers no moss...unless it's a hobby he does on the weekends.

Reply to
J T

Reply to
Doug Miller

Keith and others with similar questions, If you are looking for ideas, do a Google IMAGE search. Here's 205,000 ideas. Sam

Sam

Inquiring minds ....

Reply to
Swingman

Apparently so. It went up to 896 and with the "omitted results included" it went to 994. Is there any way around the limit? 994 is plenty, but since they said 205,000 exist, if they won't let me see the other 204,006 I will feel empty, cheated, bereft of hope or happiness. Sam

Reply to
Sam

Pisser ain't it ... like everything else these days, it appearances that count. Go have a drink, or buy a tool ... it'll soothe that tortured soul.

Reply to
Swingman