The Biggest Loser - At it again

The stupidity of this show continues. As of this episode, there are two people disabled with ankle injuries, one with a knee injury, and one girl got a trip to the ER in an ambulance.

Last night's episode had a challenge to see which team could get to the top of a 73 story building by running up the stairs the fastest. One girl was having difficulty breathing and having a serious panic attack at the half way point. They took her to the ER with a BP of

214.

I wouldn't be surprised to see someone die on this show. What NBC is doing is totally irresponsible. I have to wonder about what kind of doctors they are using that allow this type of abuse and unsafe practices to go on. IMO, they should be reported to the medical boards.

Reply to
Chet Hayes

Steveo

I'm sure the contestants were told at gunpoint that they had to play these stupid games in from of the cameras or their (mother, father, brother, sister, son, daughter, husband,wife, grandparents) would die a painful death. I'm also sure they are doing it for free because they like the idea of being on national television.

You don't have to watch that BS. This is the USA...you have a choice...why not turn off the boob tube and read a good book.

Reply to
LFR

So don't watch it. When the audience goes away, sponsors will not support the program. And, you will cease being annoyed and complaining.

Reply to
William W. Plummer

Really, what's worse? The Biggest Loser... How about fear factor? Eatin' cooked rats that have been blended sounds safe. How about the swan? Let's go have major surgery for entertainment sake. How about wife swap..? Send complete opposites to live in different homes with different values and see what shakes out.......

I'd suggest that you un-plug your t.v. and take sissors and cut the cord. If your conserned about over-population of the earth... omit the un-pluggin' part 80)

Reply to
timothy

Just for the record, in case anyone is wondering what this post is doing here, I posted it on the wrong newsgroup by mistake. As for those that suggest just turning off the TV, I don't understand your outlook. I don't see anything wrong in discussing controversial topics instead of looking the other way and ignoring them.

Reply to
Chet Hayes

I figured as much..no biggie.

Reply to
Steveo

Usually that is the case. But in a free market, if a product is ignored by enough consumers, then that product goes away to make way for a new one. If enough people contact the companies that sponsor these shows and let them know that they are no longer going to use their products or services then they tend to re-think their advertising. Key word is enough. A few won't cut it.

Reply to
Dave